Aye well you never know Johnny, maybe we did. I can't get my head around this at all though. A pre season based just in the UK would be cheaper for the club and would raise some money from decent attendances too. Going to Germany again just seems like a shite idea.

I'm sort of in the middle, it would be better for the players to get away from all the shitey press over here, it is probably better weather to train in and it will be their only trip to Europe this season :), but is it worth spending money when we have none, unless we did get help or did get it cheaper than normal but will we ever find out?

If they used money which could be needed to help save the club for a Jolly to Germany it would be a big mistake.

Kind of agree Zappa, but would this not come under day to day costs and as such falls right into the RFFF remit of covering day to day costs.

Kind of agree Zappa, but would this not come under day to day costs and as such falls right into the RFFF remit of covering day to day costs.

I don't think taking about 25 folk out to Germany for a week would come under day to day running costs, but maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it.

I don't think taking about 25 folk out to Germany for a week would come under day to day running costs, but maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it.

I do agree would be better to stay at home go round the wee teams and give them a bump of some much needed cash and give us some much needed good PR. Just thinking out loud as how the RFFF would justify paying for this if they have done.

This is a bizarre move, how are we not speaking to out of contract players yet signing contracts (I assume) with airlines and hotels? This doesn't make sense to me.

This is a bizarre move, how are we not speaking to out of contract players yet signing contracts (I assume) with airlines and hotels? This doesn't make sense to me.

Great point amms.

I'd have thought at least getting the likes Aluko signed up was more important than a Jolly to Saxony, but Ally appears to be making out that he can't proceed with signing any of the out of contract players while the transfer embargo situation is still up in the air. Total shambles tbh because Aluko should have been given a contract extension before his contract ran out. The club doesn't appear to be thinking on it's feet at the moment.