RFFF, Away Boycotts and Season Ticket Away Applications

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with the RFFF and their lack of leadership on away game applications for next year?

At the meeting at Ibrox on 28th April the Fighting Fund were unanimously elected by all present (mostly RSC secretaries) to decide sanctions next year for away clubs. Minutes of that meeting are below.

4.4 It was proposed to the meeting and unanimously accepted, and seconded, that the RFFF committee consider each of the proposed actions by the fans of Rangers FC and decide on which of these should be pursued and against which Clubs and/or their sponsors. This group comprised all the main fans groups and would ensure consistent and full communication to all their respective members.

Also it was mentioned that on the season ticket form there wouldnâ??t be an option for all away games as then no boycott could be completed. Now the forms are out we can see that this is not true and we will find ourselves having to apply for ALL away games or none as we have in previous years.

Has anyone heard anything from the RFFF direct in recent weeks? It was also stated in the minutes of the above meeting that:

5.3 Sandy Jardine thanked all for their attendance and confirmed he would ensure ongoing communication with representatives of Supportersâ?? Clubs over the coming months..

As far as I can see from the pretty poor RFFF website there is no way to contact the committee direct and their twitter is non existent.

Should the RFFF really be the organisation we expect to lead the fight against the enemies of our club?

I don't think any of the fans groups have done enough to solicit opinion from the supporters in recent times unfortunately. :(

I was lucky to be invited to the meeting with Green the other week (and a few people have attempted to keep us up to date with other progress on here) but other than that we have little way of knowing what is happening.

As far as I was concerned, the RFFF were elected to be in charge of the funds raised for the Fighting Fund and that is it. How can they have a mandate to do anything else? There may be a conflict of interest in respect of their main responsibilities.

Surely it would fall under the Assembly's jurisdiction to do this? Are the Assembly abdicating some of their responsibility?

I think you are jumping the gun ever so slightly here.

I was at the meeting that day also, and it was clear to me that we had to wait and see what sanctions we were finally up against and who was gunning against us before making any decisions on boycotts.

The CVA gets passed/rejected on Thursday. If it gets passed we then know that we will be playing SPL football next season and we can move the conversation on to what the fans want to do regarding boycotts etc at that stage.

If the CVA gets rejected, a newco gets put into effect, and while we will more than liekly still be a SPL club, the SPL's new rules dictate that it will be up to the 11 other members to decide on appropriate punishment for a newco. That being the case, it is not sensible to call for a boycott of some clubs at this time before they have been asked to vote on any sanctions against us. While some club chairmen have been all hot air, none have voted against us yet as there has been no vote.

I am a bit down the middle with boycotts. I have a self-imposed boycott of DUFC for the cup abandonment fiasco, and a boycott of the piggery due to rip-off ticket prices, but I go to all the other away matches at home and abroad. However the way our enemies have been lining up to kick us needs to be addressed and the best way to hurt the other teams (aart from 3 points every ime of course) is with a boycott of their grounds and the financial hit that will give them. Unfortunately I see the other side of that in that our team needs and deserves our support to carry them to victory. I dont think we can expect them to turn up for every away match to a gaping hole where we would normally be standing and still perform to their best and get the 3 points. If a team could play without fans why do they always thank the fans for their support that helped them to victory.

It is a debate that needs to be aired and properly thought out before any action is taken, but that can only happen after we know what we are dealing with, which will hopefully become much clearer after Thursday.

I understand that with the ST renewals out now, the box for away tickets is included, but surely the simplest action would be either not to tick it and apply for games individually as was available almost all of last season, or not to send back the renewal until after we know what is happening.

For what its worth, the RFFF has been doing a fantastic job, meeting every week and coming up with fundraising ideas, asking all the right questions of the administrators and Green, and of course were entirely responsible for hiring and working with the QC that fought our case successfully against the SFA in court. Without them we would be without signing capabilities for 2012-13. So yes, they really are the organisation we should be backing to lead the fight.

As far as I was concerned, the RFFF were elected to be in charge of the funds raised for the Fighting Fund and that is it. How can they have a mandate to do anything else? There may be a conflict of interest in respect of their main responsibilities.

Surely it would fall under the Assembly's jurisdiction to do this? Are the Assembly abdicating some of their responsibility?

I'd agree but at the meeting at Ibrox, minutes above, of RSC secretaries the RFFF proposed they'd be the one group to lead on sanctions and nobody from the floor disagreed.

It does seem to move away from what it was formed to do.

I think you are jumping the gun ever so slightly here.

I was at the meeting that day also, and it was clear to me that we had to wait and see what sanctions we were finally up against and who was gunning against us before making any decisions on boycotts.

The CVA gets passed/rejected on Thursday. If it gets passed we then know that we will be playing SPL football next season and we can move the conversation on to what the fans want to do regarding boycotts etc at that stage.

If the CVA gets rejected, a newco gets put into effect, and while we will more than liekly still be a SPL club, the SPL's new rules dictate that it will be up to the 11 other members to decide on appropriate punishment for a newco. That being the case, it is not sensible to call for a boycott of some clubs at this time before they have been asked to vote on any sanctions against us. While some club chairmen have been all hot air, none have voted against us yet as there has been no vote.

I am a bit down the middle with boycotts. I have a self-imposed boycott of DUFC for the cup abandonment fiasco, and a boycott of the piggery due to rip-off ticket prices, but I go to all the other away matches at home and abroad. However the way our enemies have been lining up to kick us needs to be addressed and the best way to hurt the other teams (aart from 3 points every ime of course) is with a boycott of their grounds and the financial hit that will give them. Unfortunately I see the other side of that in that our team needs and deserves our support to carry them to victory. I dont think we can expect them to turn up for every away match to a gaping hole where we would normally be standing and still perform to their best and get the 3 points. If a team could play without fans why do they always thank the fans for their support that helped them to victory.

It is a debate that needs to be aired and properly thought out before any action is taken, but that can only happen after we know what we are dealing with, which will hopefully become much clearer after Thursday.

I understand that with the ST renewals out now, the box for away tickets is included, but surely the simplest action would be either not to tick it and apply for games individually as was available almost all of last season, or not to send back the renewal until after we know what is happening.

For what its worth, the RFFF has been doing a fantastic job, meeting every week and coming up with fundraising ideas, asking all the right questions of the administrators and Green, and of course were entirely responsible for hiring and working with the QC that fought our case successfully against the SFA in court. Without them we would be without signing capabilities for 2012-13. So yes, they really are the organisation we should be backing to lead the fight.

Fair enough with the work behind the scenes which goes un-noticed. I know many fans put in the time for these things and get no credit. Maybe they need to blow their own trumpet a bit more with updates on their website about what they have been doing.

However I still think its poor that there isnt an option to choose individual away games on the form when we were told at the meeting that option would be available.

They still have not satisfactorily explained why they broke the assurance that the funds raised would not get used to pay off existing creditors.