I LIVED two dreams the day I joined Rangers.

Yesterdayâ??s decision by HMRC not to accept the CVA offer, forcing the club into liquidation, was a desperately sad one for me and everyone else connected with the club.

I see it from a supporterâ??s point of view, an employeeâ??s point of view and as a professional footballer who is ambitious.

Thereâ??s disbelief. Thereâ??s anger. Thereâ??s a lot of emotion that the club youâ??ve grown up watching and one that has a 140-year history is effectively going to change forever.

There are still decisions to be made, but there are already some definite consequences of yesterdayâ??s announcement.

Three or four years without European football is massive from the playersâ?? point of view.

Normally thatâ??s one of the highlights of your season.

You go into games competing against the best players and teams in the world. You travel around Europe and see the whole experience.

Itâ??s a massive blow that it wonâ??t be there for the next three or four years. Yet another one to add to the list.

Donâ??t get me wrong, Iâ??m open-minded about my future because there are still questions that need answering.

Partly because we as players still donâ??t know what our rights are. Thereâ??s not a lot of clarity on what can happen and what will happen.

I know PFA Scotland have tried their best to clear things up, but thereâ??s been no real answer given out by the likes of the SFA, FIFA and so on.

Itâ??s not as straightforward as just every player transferring across to a newco.

Youâ??re moving to a new company which is effectively a transfer. As a player thereâ??s an option under employment law which allows you not to transfer â?? as you canâ??t force anybody to work for a new company if they donâ??t want to.

But the grey area is who then holds your registration if you donâ??t. The administrators have said the club would still hold it, but the authorities donâ??t seem to have a definite answer. The SFA need to make it clear if a player doesnâ??t want to move across is he then free to play where he wants?

But no one will come out and say what the situation is.

The authorities need to tell us the score. They run the show. Surely they have a responsibility to the players as well as the clubs?

Itâ??s vital that we get concrete guidance because itâ??s now about peopleâ??s livelihoods.

We need to know what decisions can be made and what the options are. Anyone working for a company that goes bust would want to know what their options are and weâ??re no different.

I never ever wanted it to be this way. Iâ??ve enjoyed my football at Rangers and the last three years have definitely been the best of my whole career.

Iâ??ve pushed on at international level too and Iâ??ve had some of the greatest memories of my life.

Thatâ??s exactly why Iâ??m open-minded, from a professional point of view as well as a fan.

Weâ??ll wait and see what the options are and take it from there.

One thing thatâ??s certain is this decision has taken the new companyâ??s fate out of its own hands.

Itâ??s now down to the other clubs and their boards to determine what Rangersâ?? situation is for the foreseeable future.

Their decision could effectively change Scottish football as we know it.

Whatever happens from now on, Iâ??m immensely proud to have been part of the squad that took pay cuts to give the club every chance to come out of administration.

It would have been a lot easier for us to stand our ground and say we wanted the contracts we signed in good faith to be honoured.

But we showed we had feelings for the club. We wanted the best for the employees and everyone else associated with the club.

In the end it was all in vain now that weâ??ve reached the conclusion we always feared yet never wanted.

But Iâ??m sure those feelings of togetherness that we showed in taking the pay cuts will influence some playersâ?? decisions too.

I can understand people fearing that the club could disappear into oblivion.

But thereâ??s still a crowd there that will always follow the name of Rangers and that will always provide the club with opportunities.

If the worst came to the worst, if the club ended up losing a lot of players and was sent down to the Third Division, theyâ??d still be there, no matter what.

As a lifelong fan myself, I certainly know Iâ??ll always be cheering for the blue jersey of Rangers.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4369780/This-is-the-day-every-Rangers-fan-has-been-dreading-all-I-feel-is-anger-and-disbelief.html#ixzz1xcszocZR

he was the main protagonist in asking for release clauses. or so an agent told me.

I don't think the players were - it was more the agents and, as usual, the players were happy for them to act.

The guys did a great thing taking a short term pay loss but they're not going to sacrifice their careers and I wouldn't expect them to.