Rules, Standards & Sanctions (Prof David Kinnon)

... if the SPL still exists in its current format? Probably nothing. But at some stage it gets ridiculous and higher authorities will take note. There are precedents in Europe and Britain and we are made to pay for deeds outwith the club's and the support's reach. We do need a good QC though.

If we apply to SFL3 what's to stop the SPL suspending any punishment until we return to the top flight?

Suspending a cooked-up and unprecedented punishment on a fellow member club by a kangaroo court of self-serving rival club chairmen would bring Scottish football into "disrepute"?

Guest Dutchy

Even if we got back into the SPL, I couldn't accept the punishments they'd dish out to us. Enough to give septic a fee run at he title for free years.

I'd go to the 3rd and work our way back up.

You never know, sky and the likes may give us a special deal to televise our games down there and all the smaller clubs would be happy going 50/50 on a rreduced deal.

To hell with giving the SPL clubs the TV money, but take it off us.

They can take a reduced figure for 3 years, then a new contract when we're back.

It would be HIGHLY unusual for them to delay any punshiment, especially if we went down to the 3rd. It would just show them up for the nasty shits that they are and I'm sure other countries, UEFA would have something to say about it. Maybe even FIFA?

We don't deserve to be playing in SFL3 next season though bluebear!

It would be an unprecedented punishment for our supposed crimes, not only in British and European football, but possibly even in world football, so where's the justification?

Alas, it's not so much a question of justification as structure.

Since we have the ludicrous set up of two seperate league bodies operating two seperate leagues in Scoltand, the option of demotion from the top league to the next division down doesn't apply; as SFL chiefs have said, it's either start at the bottom or not at all. Now, this may be unprecedented or unfair but in our present set up that's just how it is.

I confess I don't understand the OP. I have tried, but it's beyond me.

I confess I don't understand the OP. I have tried, but it's beyond me.

The summary should do.

+ Those responsible for the downfall will be hunted down by law people.

+ The club will be "punished by sporting people", as it cannot be hunted by law folk, as it is not a person as such.

He then goes on explaining that we have already been penalised according to what is available. We suffered in loss of competition (title race was over when we went into admin), we suffered in reputation, we had to pay the monetary penalty, we will suffer for at least one season (now most likely three or more) for not being in Europe.

Right now, it does very much look like the SPL and the SFA really want to get their hands bloody too, no matter what. And since they have the baying mob and mhedia behind them, their work is much easier.

I just noted that the "power brokers" of the SPl will meet on July 4th. Forgive me my arrogance, but this sounds to me like the footsoldiers all want to hit the knight while he's down with his horse, so they can at last reach him. If only for one strike. After that, they will be footsoldiers again, with a bunch of peasants with clubs in their wake.

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

I don't see why arrogance is suddenly such a big deal. I'm arrogantly proud of my two boys. Never knew I needed the approval of other people to make it OK. Same with my club. I did assume every fan felt the same arrogant pride in their club that I take in The Rangers, but apparently they're actually a modest lot, not given to shouting at TV or the papers...