Another website has recently published an analysis of standard business practice following administration or liquidation - http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/...-and-sanctions. The Rangers Standard article – which is well worth a read - has sharpened my senses and has led me to make a suggestion which ought to leave most fans, if not all, happy. It may even allow the SPL and the SFA to breathe a sigh of relief.

What particularly stood out in the article were the references to retribution, reputational damage and rehabilitation. Let's call them "the three R's".

Well, we’ve certainly experienced “R’s” in abundance recently. I challenge any fan - no matter their persuasion - to deny that Rangers have already suffered immense reputational damage. A neutral could also be excused for thinking that revenge and retribution have been high on the agenda too, driven on by fan groups and forums, blogs with the specific purpose of destroying Rangers, and a frenzied media swimming around like a school of starving sharks.

At the epicentre, we have the SFA and the SPL – incapable of dealing with the matter decisively.

Although there are many newborn conspiracy theorists among my fellow fans, I tend to put the actions of the authorities down to constantly changing pressure and agendas from outside their own organisations. Arguably they also suffer from an almost admirable lack of gumption in identifying the greater perspective and a perceived lack of skill in being able to address the issue effectively.

I hope everyone – and that includes any non-Rangers fans - can see that this charade isn't going to end soon. It will continue, like a cancer, and it will either devour Scottish football or destroy it for years to come. Apart from the reputational damage being heaped upon the Club, this is gradually destroying the reputation of the national game and its governing bodies. This grotesque feeding frenzy will not stop with the next fudge or punishment, and it will not stop with the one after that. Apart from some Rangers fans, no one else seems to see this.

So, I would like to think that we can all view this situation for what it is. It’s gone too far now to fudge the issue, and in my opinion it's now time for the Club to be proactive and take some much recommended medicine and unilateral action.

In proposing this, I find inspiration from a surprising source, which is a quote from Peter Lawwell on Thursday, May 10.

“Our guiding principle is that we will do what is in the best interests of Celtic Football Club and our supporters, consistent with upholding the interests and reputation of Scottish football. I can also give assurance that we will communicate further and directly with supporters at the appropriate time.”

Now, for quite some while, Rangers fans haven’t had the luxury of a Club representative offering to communicate directly with supporters. We’ve had the predator who was Craig Whyte, and since February, the Administrators. We now have Charles Green, but, on his own admission, he’s hardly a Rangers man. He’s a money man. No one has given a Scooby, and the Rangers fans have been left rudderless. No matter, what I propose is in the best interests of Rangers, and in the best interests of the reputation of Scottish football.

I would suggest that we withdraw our recent application for the SPL, and apply to join SPL 3 immediately.

I believe it would satisfy the majority of Scottish fans' blood lust, it would allow the media to concentrate on the game of football. It would allow us to slowly build again - out of the limelight - and build a reputation that once again follows the principles on which the Rangers were founded.

My point is not about one-upmanship. It is about taking matters into our own hands. With the present course, we are going to be screwed slowly, bit by bit, until there's nothing left. A blind man could see that. Equally, Scottish football is going down a route which will lead to such polarisation that it will become unsustainable.

My suggestion will take the heat off the whole issue, while providing the solution that most rival fans want - revenge, retribution and rid of us. It will also provide a moral cornerstone for the Club. “This is what you wanted, so we’ll take the medicine and get on with it. Now let’s move on.” It will let the media concentrate on the good side of Scottish football, and how our game is on the rise. It will offer recompense for the other SPL Clubs when they challenge in Europe and reap the rewards. It will also emasculate any further or future attempts by the SPL or SFA to progressively "punish" us.

For us and for Scottish football, it provides the three 'r's' - retribution, rehabilitation and recompense.

Gersnet is lucky to have so many thoughtful and connected posters, it's a shame that it is outdone by the other two sites in terms of articles. Our worldwide image is, to an extent, defined by online articles people from around the world can access. I don't think our image is being served well enough, and I want to change that. If anyone has any thoughts they want to fire into the outside world, please PM me. If you don't, I'll probably PM you anyway, so you might as well.

I for one see no reason that the Costa Concordia, her low-key crew and the passengers are made to suffer and are being held responsible for the deeds of the captain and some chosen few at the bridge, i.e. the sinking of the ship.