Duff and Phelps statement

When originally questioned about Grier and the Ticketus deal back in February, IIRC Duff & Phelps claimed to have no prior knowledge of the Ticketus deal, but after Daly's program raised & prompted more questioning, Clark & Whitehouse all of a sudden (after being called over to the D&P New York HQ for a 'let's get our stories straight' think tank) admitted to knowing last summer about "a" Ticketus deal and Grier's involvement, but not "the" Ticketus deal. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

BBC Scotland has said it stands by the claims made in its programme.

In a letter seen by the BBC from Roger Isaacs to Duff and Phelps following a meeting between the two parties, Mr Isaacs states: "At the meeting you made various representations and offered to send me further documents to support them.

"I have now had a chance to consider these and you should please be aware that I have not been persuaded that Duff and Phelps had no knowledge of the Ticketus deal to fund the purchase of the bank debt."

Mr Isaacs adds: "My view remains, on the basis of the information I have, that Duff and Phelps appear not to have been able to fulfil the necessary requirements of independence to allow them to act as administrators"

If you go on RM at all i'm known as a staunch Duff and Phelps backer.

That is the problem with your statement. many here don't go on RM and have no idea what your stance is.

That is the problem with your statement. many here don't go on RM and have no idea what your stance is.

Guess I was hoping for gunsligner, casey or someone that is on RM to pick up on it. :D

As it goes I still don't think there's any conspiracy or that they've actually done us any harm (Murray and Whyte did all the damage) but their competence does look a bit doubtful.