Nacho Novo twitter storm

Guest Dutchy

That's true GG. I remember hearing an interview on the radio with John Spencer, a catholic signed with us long, long before Mo Johnstone signing.

In this intrview, he said one of the reasons why catholic will NOT sign for Rangers was family pressures, stated most forcefully by their mothers.

Probably the samne bunch that claim we're all rabid bigots, but failing to see their own ungodlyness. LOL LOL LOL

Guest Dutchy
Novo has said before he is of no religion

Atheism is something to be supported as well, but it's also something that church men, from all religions have a vested interest in destroying.

Anyone that believes in oragnised religion is effectly a very stupid person, in my book. Reading the bible, or any religious text is usually enough for folk to make up their own mind, but the power of the Roman church created it's power by denying access to the bible, and reading, or any form of education.

Novo has said before he is of no religion

He used to cross himself all the time when he was at Dundee (I'll say now I don't care about what religon someone is just incase people see me as a religious nut!)

I love the bit where it says "shocked supporters contacted police" - the offended have their local police on speed dial don't they!

Atheism is something to be supported as well, but it's also something that church men, from all religions have a vested interest in destroying.

Anyone that believes in oragnised religion is effectly a very stupid person, in my book. Reading the bible, or any religious text is usually enough for folk to make up their own mind, but the power of the Roman church created it's power by denying access to the bible, and reading, or any form of education.

I would say weak and ignorant Dutchy rather than stupid, it's no coincidence that the regions of the world where religion is most prevalent are also the ones where basic education and scientific knowledge are denied to the people. Africa, South America and most worrying of all America. As you say, most Atheists are Atheists because they've read the Bible rather than because they haven't.

My favourite little sketch in Father Ted describes it very well....Ted is asking Dougal how he's getting on with his Bible studies at the seminary and Dougal says "Really good Ted, but I'm having a few problems with some of it". "What parts Dougal?" Ted asks.

"You know that part where the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus and then he's killed and comes back to life...?" "That bit Ted".

Guest Dutchy

Juacorneto: I've heard another story about the bible which adds to the stupidity of it as well.

Basically, the bible, as it stands at the moment is not the complete writtings of this book. There were many strories that were done for it and many that have been omitted. The one I was listening to is about baby jesus being carried by Mary through the a crowed street, then a dragon, or some sort of devil monster appeared and cause great consternation to the people. At that point, baby jesus jumped down from his mothers arms and cast a spell on the monster which destroyed it.

I believe it was the early church that deciede that was just too much to ask people to believe in. LOL LOL LOL

I don't like Nacho's comment and don't think he should have said it, but I've been led to believe that as a group of football fans are not a race or religion, you can call them anything you want without breaking any law or moral code - so what is the fuss about?