The impact on the Scottish economy and society in general

What is the likely impact on the Scottish economy and society in general if, as expected, we're not in the SPL?

For a start I'll be cancelling ESPN tonight and I imagine 1000s more will do the same if they haven't already. On top of that I won't be listening to any radio stations nor buying any papers and I anticipate a complete lack of interest and apathy towards all things football related in Scotland.

You then have the bus companies who will lose out big time, as well as pubs across Scotland either near grounds or who show live football. Many will close and people will lose their jobs unfortunately.

It's not something that has really been discussed in the wider media, but the impact could be huge.

Ps - just quick sums, if we take 5.000 fans away each week, and on average they spend £25 on a ticket, £10 on a bus or petrol, £10 on a carry out, and say £5 on food. That's say 20 games per season and is worth £5m to the economy. If you have 50,000 fans watching each game in a pub and spending just £10 on drink and food, that's £500k per game and another £10m per season into the economy. It soon stacks up!!.

Edited by bigy