Bomber article in todays Sun

Headline: Icons snub Ibrox season tickets

Don’t trust this man

Exclusive

By IAIN KING

Published: 19 minutes ago

IBROX icons last night stuck the boot into Charles Green’s Rangers newco and told fans: DON’T buy your season tickets from this man.

A host of legendary heroes and ex-Gers vice-chairman Donald Findlay QC threw their weight behind former star John Brown’s plan to lead a fans’ buy-out.

SunSport can reveal sickened Bomber QUIT as Rangers’ transfer scout to put all his energy into ousting the From Back Page Green regime. Fans’ heroes Brian Laudrup, Lorenzo Amoruso, Jorg Albertz and SunSport columnist Andy Goram all backed the move.

In an exclusive interview with SunSport Brown said: “We want to say to the fans don’t buy your season tickets as we fear money is going to go in and then disappear.

“That’s what happened under Craig Whyte and look where we are today.

“The fear of that money disappearing is a very real one for us.

“So this morning I say show us the title deeds, who has keys to Ibrox?

“We want to get you out of OUR club, we’ll help the fans fund the takeover.

“That will ensure that no greedy man can ever do this to Rangers again.

“I urge the fans to get behind us, starve them of your money.”

Brown emptied his desk at Murray Park on Monday afternoon.

Now he has enlisted the advice of Cowdenbeath chairman Findlay, one of Scotland’s leading legal brains.

Bomber insisted: “I am making this decision because I believe the regime in charge are NOT the true owners of the football club.

“They have documents under Sevco but we want to know whose name is on the title deeds for Ibrox, Murray Park and Albion car park.

“That’s the key to the future of our club.”

There are fears that for all the protests to the contrary the truth is that shamed former owner Whyte remains a spectre over the club.

Brown said: “Today we ask Charles Green: How much do you want for the club so we can put it into the hands of the Rangers family?”

Last week SunSport revealed Brown was fronting a consortium offering £8.7million for control of Gers and the club’s assets.

That saw him carpeted by Green on Friday and Brown revealed: “I was called into a one on one meeting with Charles Green on Friday.

“I asked him to name his price to walk away and he wouldn’t give me one.

“I then asked him what have you spent to now. He said: ‘Guess.’

“He then said he’d write it on a piece of paper and the figure was £8.7million.

“Funnily enough, that matched the bid made by my original consortium in recorded delivery letters that day.

“I have very influential Rangers men in the background now.

“I realise there was publicity surrounding Steve McKenna’s Celtic background in the original consortium but he is someone I trust and that move was designed to smoke people out.

“There’s no hidden agenda to this, I have investors from Hong Kong, Australia, America and Britain.”

Brown will today seek talks with fans’ groups.

But he insisted: “Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football.”

Edited by Zappa

Hi Blue Moon, it'll get buried in the other thread anyway, so it's fine that you started a new one.

Hope you don't mind me editing your original post, but it's better to have the full article content copied to here rather than people keeping having to hyperlink to the Sun website. Those buggers are making enough money out of our club's plight as it is without giving their website excessive numbers of hits. ;)

WHEN Bomber asked me to become involved in a Rangers fans’ buy-out, I didn’t hesitate to say “yes”.

I love Rangers, I love the supporters, the stadium and everything about the club — that’s why I am supporting the bid.

I was at Ibrox for six years — I won trophies and I fought for the jersey every time I stepped on the pitch.

I captained Rangers and the honour gave me immense pride — it’s one of the biggest achievements of my football career.

Now I want to help secure the best possible future for the club. I want to give it back to the fans.

The Rangers supporters deserve better than what has happened and Bomber has my full support. I’ve told John I am fully behind him and that I’ll do anything I can to help — but I am not alone.

All the players who are involved in the bid have a special feeling for Rangers. We are all in it together.

The guys all really want to do something for the club. We had a good chat and we supported the idea immediately.

There are just so many fantastic Rangers fans all over the world and they all deserve more respect.

That is what we are trying to achieve. We want to give them a club to be proud of. We want success on the pitch.

Rangers belongs to the fans — it doesn’t belong to me, Charles Green or any other individual.

The club is nothing without the supporters — that’s really the most important thing to remember.

They ARE the club.

Players and managers have come and gone through Rangers’ history.

But the fans remain constant — they are the club and always will be. They make it special.

What we are trying to do is give the club back to the supporters and put Rangers people in control.

With the help of a lot of former players and other people, that is the ultimate aim.

But the backing of the fans is the most important part of this.

We need all their support and enthusiasm. We need them to get behind us and support us every inch of the way.

People had the chance over the last couple of years to take the opportunity to do something for Rangers.

This could now be a LAST chance to make sure Rangers get back to where they once were.

We are at a stage where Rangers are not in the SPL and we don’t know what is going to happen. There is so much uncertainty around at the moment and it’s unfair on the fans who have always been there for Rangers.

We felt that we had to have a go and try to do something — we feel very strongly about this.

I am proud to say I played for Rangers. I was proud to wear the Light Blue jersey and bring success to the club.

I gave my all for Rangers while I was there and I know how much the fans appreciated it. Now I want to help them again.

As ex-players, we couldn’t just stand back and let things happen that we did not agree with.

We had to take action and hopefully it works. It won’t be easy but we must try to make a difference.

Talking stops now. We need to take action and fight for what is best for the football club.

Rangers’ history means that the club must get more respect.

This is important for the whole of Scottish football — the SPL needs a strong Rangers playing there again one day.

The project is at the early stages just now but I believe we can achieve our targets.

I stayed at Rangers for so long because of the fans. They supported me and I have so much respect for them.

The Rangers fans deserve a strong club. They deserve better than what has happened over the last few years.

The message from Bomber is clear to all supporters — back us and back Rangers.

This isn’t about former players or former managers. This is about Rangers Football Club.

I hope to travel to Scotland soon and offer even more support to the buy-out.

The club is all about the fans and now I want to do everything in my power to give it back to them once more.

IF we, as former players, can help restore Rangers then it would be the biggest achievement of all.

Bigger than Nine-in-a-Row, you’d have to say.

Bigger for me, on a personal level, than scoring the goal that clinched it even.

I’ve spoken to my good friend Andy Goram this week.

And I’ve also taken phone calls from John Brown.

They’re two men with Rangers in their blood.

I’ve listened intently to Bomber’s plans and I can only support one of my old team-mates in what he wants to do at such a critical time for Rangers and everyone associated with the club.

He is a guy who loves Rangers more than anything else.

Someone who is doing all that he’s doing not to gain money or anything else but for the love of Rangers and the sake of the club.

That’s the most important thing right now — and if I can do anything, however big or small, to help him I will.

I’m TOTALLY behind everything he’s trying to do.

That’s the feeling of every single former Rangers player, especially the Nine-in-a-Row guys I know.

I know the likes of Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz have also come out to back what Bomber’s doing too.

Even though I’m a foreigner, even though I played in Glasgow for only four years, we were all taught what Rangers means to people by the gaffer Walter Smith.

I still follow the club and what’s happening at Ibrox more or less every day via the internet.

And I admit I’ve been left devastated at what’s been going on there.

Now Bomber wants the fans to lead a buy-out — and they can surely have no one better taking the lead.

Like Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant, Bomber is one among a few former players I know who just lives and breathes Rangers.

And I think it’s so very important for the supporters to feel this bond with the guys who they used to cheer from the terraces.

When I played there between 1994 and 1998, I got to see so many fans who had supported Rangers for decades.

The club means EVERYTHING to them and their support throughout the years has been absolutely magnificent.

I can feel their pain right now. I understand what they’re going through at the moment.

I might be a few thousand miles away but I know how much they are suffering.

If Bomber can do a deal that places the club in their hands, then that would be fantastic.

I know from the detail he has given me that he has the investors there ready from all over the world and that he wants everything to be transparent.

But, at the same time, it’s vitally important these people who really love the club come in and take control of it.

And sooner rather than later in my opinion.

There have been so many things said and done over the past few weeks and months.

The fans have gone through agony at what’s happened to this great institution which has stood for generations of their families.

There has been plenty of talking and so many false dawns.

Now it’s time for some change and a little bit of calm to be injected into the situation.

If Bomber can provide that with the help of some very good friends — and with the aid of some former players too — it would be the ideal solution.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

But it would really be fantastic if the fans could get in and control in some ways what’s going on at their beloved club.

I’ve talked it through with Bomber and spoken to the Goalie, who I’m still very good friends with and in contact with.

They are diehard fans themselves — and were there the night which, for me, summed up everything about this club.

My last appearance at Ibrox was in that Legends game against AC Milan at the end of March.

The supporters came out in their numbers to pack the stadium to the rafters, so much so that kick-off had to be delayed.

Seeing and hearing that was absolutely outstanding — and something which will live with me forever.

Ever since joining the club, I’d always known the Rangers fans were truly superb.

But that night just told me this club will NEVER go down.

Rangers might have to start off in a different division and as another company under a different name.

Trust me, this club will come back even stronger.

I’m sure of that. Bomber’s rescue plan can be the start of that long journey back.

We won so many things together. And savoured all those successes.

But this is a chance for us to team up again and achieve the greatest victory of all.

So if he believes that Sevco don't own Ibrox, MP and the Albion why is he trying to buy the club from them?

I wonder if John Brown will change his mind again and be back to wanting the club owned by a Celtic supporting crook next week?

If there is a consortium ready to buy out Green please get rid of John Brown as quickly as possible as he will only hinder your bid.

I think Brown might be just getting used to apply pressure to Green & co to sell up, but if that's the case then it's all a bit obvious and tacky to be honest. I could be wrong though.... :whistle:

Guest Lloret1972

This article is all hype, its bombastic (no pun intended) and full of nothingness.

If they have money to buy out Zeus fucking say so, otherwise shut up and stop building false hope. I have little respect for players now, past or present.

I genuinely don't know what to think about all of this but one thing I do know is that I would trust these guys motives. Some people might say, as they do of all of those coming late to the table, where were you when......? I don't think any of us can believe what has happened since Feb and if they'd had a crystal ball I believe they would've acted sooner. I also believe they were happy for someone else to do the dirty work and no doubt, like the rest of us, hoped that things would turn out better than they have and I don't have a problem with that either. I have remained open minded about D&P and CG but I have major doubts about the way things are going. I don't think CG has the funding and I have real fears that we end up in admin again. This is like a re-run of a horror movie. If Green does not have the funding why was he given exclusivity, where was the due diligence? Why is Ally saying so little? We need answers. IF green has the funding he needs to prove it.