http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/

Fan Investment Model

Wednesday, 27 June 2012 12:57

The Rangers Supporters Trust today announces that it has been developing a vehicle which could ensure fans can be part of the club's future. More details were due to be announced shortly.

In the interest of unity we shall be consulting with our sister fan organisations and those parties (such as John Brownâ??s consortium) who have the long-term interests of the club at heart before a formal launch.

The scheme we envisaged would enable supporters to join forces and purchase shares to create a bloc shareholding in the Club on behalf of fans.

We have been developing a model of fan investment in consultation with the relevant advisory bodies and tailoring it to the situation at Ibrox.

One example of such a scheme was produced by FC United of Manchester - http://fc-utd.co.uk/communityshares

We would also like to ask that all the current playing squad give the fans time to put a consortium in place whilst considering their future, we hope as many of them as possible will stay and become part of something historic as the world's most successful club moves forward into a new era.

We are now in a position to call on Rangers fans from all areas of the Rangers Family with the requisite knowledge and experience to come forward to assist us in this task.

RST jump on the next Rangers men bandwagon shocker!!!

Could they get anymore comical, if this shower are in charge of the fan funding the new bid I'm out.

The great man himself (MD) replied to my post on FF this morning when I had a pop at the RST, to tell me they've been working tirelessly in the background for us while everybody else has sat twiddling their thumbs and he would give me a list of the great things they've done. I told him as long as he gave me a list of the total shambles they've made of this along with it I would read both.

Guest govansw1
Where is their model though ? All they have done is reproduce the Man U one. Will it be identical to the Man U one or not ? If not, that link is irrelevant.

It's the FC United model they are quoting.

It's the FC United model they are quoting.

And ? It doesnt matter whether I call it Man U, or FC United - the point remains, what is the relevance to what the RST are proposing ?

Guest govansw1
And ? It doesnt matter whether I call it Man U, or FC United - the point remains, what is the relevance to what the RST are proposing ?

Ok. Regardless of name. They haven't reproduced anything yet.

Ok. Regardless of name. They haven't reproduced anything yet.

So in other words, as things stand, this post on the RST website is nothing more than hot air ?

There is no substance and all that it is doing is using the FC United scheme to suggest they have done their homework ?

I am not saying much hasnt been done in the background, but if they havent achieved anything substantive then they have picked a rather inopportune time to go public with it.

Go public when they have something concrete - not when all you can muster to your members is a link to another scheme, by another club, in another association, which may or may not bear some kind of resemblance to what the RST are doing.