Division 3 and TV.

Can the time between actual kick off and the TV broadcast not be staggered? I don't mind watching say 45mins behind/

I've watched EPL games in Belfast, albeit broadcast on RTE, with such a time delay.

it may have been illegal but it was 20 years ago. In fact the best April !st spoof I can remember was the Belfast Telegraph suggesting that RTE detector vans would shortly be operating in Belfast.

Edited by Jim1955
spelling.

I've no link to any reference about that, but it has been like that for years, hence all the crazy KO times.

It mainly applies to Saturdays though, and UEFA don't like any of the major leagues showing games when their competitions are on. Remember the fuss created when Liverpool, I think played a game during one of the Euro ties, but they didn't seem to be punished in any way.

If we were to subscribe to a Rangers TV like thing, surely would that not count as a private matter. I've only ever seen Rangers games at 3pm on a Saturday online, but can you subscribe to Rangers TV and watch it on your TV.

Other than buying the cables to transfer the pictures, I don't think you can get it on normal broadcast TV!!!????

I think what you are refering to is that in Scotland and probably the UK as a whole there has been a rule for as long as I can remember that you could not televise a match in opposition to a live game. That may well have been reversed to an extent these days where television holds sway.

I think you are correct that UEFA do not allow matches to be televised in opposition to CL or EL games but I'm fairly sure you could play if you wanted to.

Guest Dutchy
I think what you are refering to is that in Scotland and probably the UK as a whole there has been a rule for as long as I can remember that you could not televise a match in opposition to a live game. That may well have been reversed to an extent these days where television holds sway.

I think you are correct that UEFA do not allow matches to be televised in opposition to CL or EL games but I'm fairly sure you could play if you wanted to.

Not while games are being played competively, as far as I understand. I certainly can't remember any statement to the contrary.

Still, we're not going to be part of the commercial channels broadcasting our games.

Guest Dutchy

The only time I've seen Rangers matches live was when I wasn't meant to be watchind them.

I'll say no more about that, inn case I come under the criminal investigations rule.