Are the printed media changing direction?

Ok, we know it's been open season in the media on Rangers, their fans and anything to do with us over the last year or so but do you think the wind is changing direction? I understand the role of the printed press is to get a story out there to flog units but do they really care what story is about or it's targets? I would imagine as long as it sells papers they don't give a hoot. Thanks to the goings on of Murray and Whyte there has been much to talk about to be honest, so it's hardly surprsing that they would print so many stories. RANGERS are THE news after all and will always will be. Sometimes the tone of some of the reporting has been worrying at times and very negative regarding our club but let's be honest for the printed media, all their Christmas' must have come at once with Rangers downfall.

There has been one thing that has been missing from all these stories and that was the victims ie. the hard working Rangers fans who paid good money only to be shafted by wreckless owners but I get the impression that things might be turning... Tryanor did a piece a few weeks back that possibly the most positive thing that I've seen come from the DR regarding Rangers in ages. It spoke about the fans and indeed "the club" being the innocent parties as they suffered at the hands of their wreckless custodians. Over the last few days I've heard Keith Jackson at times almost stick up for Rangers in terms of their punishments from the SPL/SFA and indeed he goes to great lengths to correct people about why we are being punished as so many people seem to think that the EBTs are part of this.

I don't know...maybe it's just me? All we need is a good meaty story about the incompetence of the governing body in this whole sorry affair. Maybe throw in an agenda or two reagrding a high profile CE and the media may change their focus for a while....

We'll see

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Unfontunately there is a large number of people working in the media who have dedicated their careers to doing as much damage to our club as possible.

This Rangers bashing in the press has been going on for years, David Murray ( scumbag ) allowed the media to have open season on our club and support , people working to an agenda took full advantage of that.

The anti Rangers brigade in the media wont go away anytime soon.

Unfontunately there is a large number of people working in the media who have dedicated their careers to doing as much damage to our club as possible.

This Rangers bashing in the press has been going on for years, David Murray ( scumbag ) allowed the media to have open season on our club and support , people working to an agenda took full advantage of that.

The anti Rangers brigade in the media wont go away anytime soon.

I agree mate but considering the tidal wave of negativity being heaped on our club I was genuinely surprised to hear Jacksons interview the other day.

While Pacific Quay CSC is still in operation the BBC will toe Lawwell's party line and while people like Mark Guidi and Andy Walker are allowed to write and spout any old nonsense that the yahoos agree with then I'm afraid things will remain as is. The lengths they have gone to beggars belief really, people like the RTC guys and CQN have been selling a story on Rangers to every media contact they have in their collective phonebooks and they've had a few bites. Alex Thomson, Chief War Correspondent for Channel 4 has bought it lock ,stock and barrel for example.

Having said all that, I hope I'm wrong and we are about to see it start to implode and turn on itself. The Regan/Lawell thing needs investigation. In any other nation in world football it would be questioned by their media at the very least. I wrote an article a couple of weeks ago that laid out a timeline of the changes at the SFA. Lawwell's influence on the media should not be underestimated.

There are a couple of journalists who are starting to cringe a bit with the lynchmob mentality that's running amok.

Only problem is they are culpable in fanning the flames to begin with, putting your hands up after the lynching to claim I didn't mean it to go so far is no defence.

We will remember.