Great read from RM's Bluepeter9

I agreed with Blue Peter intrinsically but when I take time to think about it, it is because I really do not like what all of this has done to me and it has been a reminder to be true to myself. Since Feb 14th I have hated everyone and everything, have become obsessive and revengeful and I do not like what I see. Thank you, Blue Peter.

Edited by Blue Moon

Guest Bluepeter9

Disregarding our current predicament this has been an issue for years - since the CL was reformed - the big clubs in the BIG countries grew stronger - the big clubs is SMALL countries grew weaker - even places like Holland where they are still creating great footballers there big teams cant compete on the big stage. I always thought the Atlantic League had some merit because of this and that something would be done on a bigger level. But now we have to concentrate on getting a path forward for Scottish football - and I think it is short sighted if that path includes the destruction of some of the bigger and well established teams in the league - I have said elsewhere on this thread that perhaps Dundee and D. United should merge - Hamilton and Motherwell - but all of these teams have relatively big supports.

Revenge should not be our motivation for change even though change is required BUT we can initiate change on our own - change for the better has to be done collectively but we have lost the sense of a collective - for many of us and for many other fans it is hatred of the opposition that drives our thinking not the strengthening of the whole. Other teams are our rivals - they are not our enemies but that is what we have allowed them to become.

Guest Bluepeter9
I agreed with Blue Peter intrinsically but when I take time to think about it, it is because I really do not like what all of this has done to me and it has been a reminder to be true to myself. Since Feb 14th I have hated everyone and everything, have become obsessive and revengeful and I do not like what I see. Thank you, Blue Peter.

Your welcome - I am not used to thanks so bear with me while I draw breath!

I was also like you for weeks I have been talking about revenge - boycotts - getting at those who have slighted us in some way - but that is not me - I started to think if we are 'starting again' and also reorganising the leagues what do we really want. We want a STRONG Rangers - and to be strong to me that is competing in Europe - but if our Leagues turn into more of a joke than they are now how does that help Rangers? (It also coincided with thread after thread on RM about hatred revenge getting our own back - and in one thread there was a 'definative' list of our enemies and there was not a club, Media outlet nor organisation left out - and I thought - that can't be right, its a sport - how long does the hatred continue and what would be the outcome!) I realised that we need the strongest league we can....

.... However some things do have to change - the SFA leadersip and SPL have broven inept (leading to accusation, real or imagined of bias) but we need to have faith in these structures - so leadership change must happen.

... but what do boycotts and starving the game of money achieve ? very little but a weakining of the overall quality.

We will be back - we are strong - but we must use our strength in a positive manner - for the betterment of our game and our team.