John Terry racial abuse trial started today

Dickinson @ The Times

Prosecution say that Terry accepts using "fuck off, fuck off", "fucking black c*nt" and "fucking nobhead" but defence will be "sarcastic exclamation"

Dickinson @ The Times

Prosecution say that Terry accepts using "fuck off, fuck off", "fucking black c*nt" and "fucking nobhead" but defence will be "sarcastic exclamation"

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy

Ferdinand to FA admits saying to Terry: 'How can you call me a c***, you shagged your team-mate's missus, you're the c***'

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Terry said to FA he spoke to Ferdinand after game in dressing room & Ferdinand denied that he believed Terry called him a 'black c***'

Ashley Cole to Ferdinand after game: 'You can't talk to [Terry] like that. Ferdinand: 'If he's willing to give it out, he has to take it'

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Ferdinand said very 1st exchange followed collision when he felt Terry tried to win a penalty unfairly. "What are you doing?" AF says

Ferdinand says Terry said to him after the game in CFC dressing room: 'What happened, geez?'

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Ferdinand denies accusing Terry of using racist language - this challenges defence that Terry merely said words in "sarcastic exclamation"

Ferdinand: 'We agreed it was handbags.' Crown: 'If the issue'd been racism would you have considered it 'handbags'?' Ferdinand: 'No. Never.'

Ferdinand: If someone calls you a c*** that's fine but if someone brings your colour in it takes it to another level ... it's very hurtful'

Ferdinand doesn't convince me tbh.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Ferdinand says Terry asked him in dressing room after game whether he'd accused Terry of calling him a black c*** on the pitch

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

"No I didn't hear anything like that" Ferdinand says he replied. "Why would he say that" Carter-Stephenson asks "Maybe he looked at his..

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

..phone & there were texts saying that" says Ferdinand.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Carter-Stephenson: "You're changing your evidence, Mr Ferdinand". Both men raising their voices

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Carter-Stephenson: "F***ing nobhead' is something I suspect you've been called on the pitch on a number of occasions". Ferdinand: "Yes"

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

AF says he wanted the FA to deal with the issue, rather than the police - & denies trying to get Terry charged over the matter

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Defence: "Did you authorise a Mr Rigby (worked for agency that represents AF) to contact the police over the matter?" AF: "No".

Cross examination.

Defence suggests that Ferdinand account of Ashley Cole conversation in FA statement does not match his evidence in court

Defence to Ferdinand: 'You added an extra racial element deliberately designed to provoke Mr Terry when all your other attempts had failed'

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Defence in effect accusing AF of deliberately falsely accusing JT of racial abuse on the pitch in order to provoke a reaction.

Anton Ferdinand evidence finished. Magistrate: 'It might be wise not to tweet or talk to anyone until this case is finished'

Quite a grilling.

So Terry admits calling Ferdinand a f&cking black c@nt? How can he possibly justify that? Confused....

No, what Terry's saying is he believed Ferdinand accused him of calling him a black c**t, and he repeated it exasperated and sarcastically.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Terry, speaking very quietly, says Ferdinand shouted "shagging Bridge's missus". Terry says he replied, "f*** off, f*** off".

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Terry, when shown more footage of incident, tells court: "this is when Anton said to me 'calling me a black c***'.."

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Terry: "I thought he was accusing me of calling him a black c***..I was angry.. upset.."

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Terry says he repeated words "out of shock"...If someone said to me I was a fat c*** or an ugly c*** I would repeat that back to them."

keme nzerem ‏@nzerem

Terry: i thought he was accusing me of calling him a black c***. It made me angry. i was very angry and i was upset as well

keme nzerem ‏@nzerem

Terry: I responded by saying `a black c***? You f****** nobhead'