New SFA, SPL & SFL proposals for Rangers leaked

The mention of Shakespeare on this thread is pretty damn funny in itself, so while my writing wasn't hilarious at least it provided a seed for something funny to blossom! :D

Jeebus, man, you make him sound like Jeffrey Archer! 'Even Shakespeare'! Verging on the heretical.

The point is, it's not really good writing and even the greatest writer lowered himself to it - it's pandering to a section of the audience and their egos. They only laugh because they get it rather than its humour, thereby showing those around them how smart they are and making them feel good.

An example is when the gravedigger in Hamlet mistakenly uses the word, "argos" instead of "ergo". That would have all the Latin speakers, especially those in law, guffawing. Thing is, now people will just think of the shop.

The mention of Shakespeare on this thread is pretty damn funny in itself, so while my writing wasn't hilarious at least it provided a seed for something funny to blossom! :D

Sorry, didn't realise you actually wrote it. Thought it was from a newspaper site, otherwise I'd have been a bit more tactful.

Humour is very difficult to write well which is why you can pay a lot of money to see a top comedian in the country and be very disappointed.

Edited by calscot

Actually, I'm going to apologise for saying anything. I feel a bit bad now.

Haha :D

No chance, you think we will let you off THAT lightly ? I dont think so.

You should be ashamed of belittling a fellow Gersnetter in such a manner :fish: :devil:

Great piece Zappa and i,like many more,was sucked in with boiling rage at the sheer nerve of this bastard Regan as no one would put anything past him.

This piece has been shared on various Rangers forums and has been very well received.

Humour goes a long way in times of madness and keeps us all sane so once again well done.

Sorry, didn't realise you actually wrote it. Thought it was from a newspaper site, otherwise I'd have been a bit more tactful.

Actually, I'm going to apologise for saying anything. I feel a bit bad now.

There's absolutely no need to be sorry or apologise mate. People shouldn't write and post articles if they aren't willing to be criticised and I think we should all have thick enough skin to take negative feedback for things we write.

The truth of the matter is that I wrote this very quickly and that combined with the fact that I'm not a great writer anyway produces something like this which just serves the purpose of getting a point or message across, but doesn't excel in literary proficiency.

What's extremely interesting though, is that with twelve and a half thousand hits to the published version on the main site as well as hundreds of people sharing it on Twitter and Facebook, it actually appears to be one of the most popular articles we've published in almost three years (according to the archive of 199 articles on the main site which date back to August 2009).

If we analyse that a little, then obviously it will be partly to do with the title because titles always make a difference, but the hits in this case have actually been vastly increased by people sharing it on the social networking sites. That tells us that they like a bit of tongue-in-cheek sly humor even in these dire times for our club and even if it's not completely hilarious or very well written. People probably just liked that it was mocking and making a fool of those running Scottish football because there must be a huge appetite for that at the moment and not just amongst our own fans.

It's certainly food for thought because if we join forces and combine our talents we can maybe produce the occasional article which taps into people's appetite for this type of thing, but do a better job of it than I did with this quick effort.