Leggat - Regan Set To Ban Rangers From SFA

Guest Bluenose80

Campbell Ogilvie should hang his head in shame for not standing up to Regan, he is the President of the SFA and if anyone has the power to stop this its him. The SFA needs to be completely disbanded and a new football association created which is answerable to an independent appeals body to prevent this kind of abuse of power happening again.

Snatched from FF

The Reason Why The Appellate Tribunal Panel Has Been Delayed

Had an interesting chat with an aquaintance today, who is a long time friend of someoene in the corridors of power at the SFA.

The decision of Lord Glennie to refer Rangers legal case against the SFA, for imposing sanctions against Rangers, outwith their power, appears to have been forgotten and it would have been normal for the Appellate Panel to have reconvened at an early stage, especially under the instruction of a Law Lord.

However, Regan has deliberately held back on reconvening the Appellate Panel, until he knows which league Rangers will be playing in next season, as he considers it to be his Trump Card.

As confirmed by Clyde and Morton, he was determined to block Rangers request to register with the SFA, if they had been granted admission to the SPL.

He is also equally determined to prevent our entry to Div. 3, by whatever means and if that is the chosen league for Rangers, the Appellate Panel would be convened with haste and he would encourage them to use the ultimate sanction of suspending us from the SFA and all football for one season.

After which time, we would re-apply to both the SFA and SPL and be granted admission to both.

Doncaster at the SPL, was apparently against our application to the SPL being rejected, due to the financial impact on other clubs and spent considerable time trying to make them see sense, but was astonished at the level of anti-Rangers feelings shown and finally gave up hope when Regan told him that no matter what happened at the vote, we would not be allowed into the SPL, as we had to be punished severely.

Doncaster would accept this scenario, as it gets us back into the SPL in 1 year and saves the Sky deal.

Regan is apparently spitting blood at our decision to go over his head and take the matter to the Court of Session, as it undermined his authority and didn't sit well with UEFA/FIFA.

However, his determination to seek retribution against Rangers is tempered by the effect that any punishment could have on Scottish football, over a longer term, which is apparently angering him even more, as he feels that it is restricting how much he can punish us, as he would like nothing more than to put is into Division 3.

The fact that we actually want to go to Div 3, has also surprised and annoyed him.

The feeling I was given is that it is personal against Rangers and he will go to whatever lengths he can to punish our club.

My source's name will mean nothing to anyone, but I believe him 100% and I cannot betray his confidence by naming the person in the SFA.

In true FF fashion, you can take it or leave it, but it makes a lot of sense to me, in respect of why the Appellate Panel have not yet complied with the instructions of Lord Glennie.

It may also show exactly how 'independent' the Appellate Panel are, as to what decision they reach.

Maybe our QC should ask Lord Glennie to ask the SFA why the tribunal has not made a decision by now?

Campbell Ogilvie should hang his head in shame for not standing up to Regan, he is the President of the SFA and if anyone has the power to stop this its him.

I think Ogilvie has avoided demands for his resignation over his EBT by agreeing not to get involved in the SFA case against Rangers as it would be seen by some as a conflict of interest.

I think Ogilvie has avoided demands for his resignation over his EBT by agreeing not to get involved in the SFA case against Rangers as it would be seen by some as a conflict of interest.

sic a parcel o' rogues

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word of this. There is no guarantee that we'd survive a 12 month suspension financially (those players who have agreed to transfer their contacts to sevco would still need to be paid and our income would be pitiful). I don't think that will have escaped the SFA.

Nor do i accept the logic that a desire to block our re-admission to the SPL indicates any greater likelihood that the SFA would block our admission to the SFL. What has been widely reported is that an SPL 2 option will be looked at if the SFL reject the Div 1 plan and that is a different matter entirely.

In the circumstances it makes complete sense for the Appellate Tribuneral to await the outcome of the current SFL discussions, before deciding what sanctions to impose. I think we've all been though so many bizarre twists in this sorry story that some of us see plots and intrigue where none exist.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word of this. There is no guarantee that we'd survive a 12 month suspension financially (those players who have agreed to transfer their contacts to sevco would still need to be paid and our income would be pitiful). I don't think that will have escaped the SFA.

Nor do i accept the logic that a desire to block our re-admission to the SPL indicates any greater likelihood that the SFA would block our admission to the SFL. What has been widely reported is that an SPL 2 option will be looked at if the SFL reject the Div 1 plan and that is a different matter entirely.

In the circumstances it makes complete sense for the Appellate Tribuneral to await the outcome of the current SFL discussions, before deciding what sanctions to impose. I think we've all been though so many bizarre twists in this sorry story that some of us see plots and intrigue where none exist.

I hope you are right but it is Rhegan and Liewell who will be making that decision. Not really the people who have Rangers at heart. As our History will also be fucked we would never have a chance of having more trophy's as Celtic for probably 2 to 300 years. Now that is one thing that would make some people very happy including Rhegan and Liewell. Conspiracy? Maybe not but it smells like it.

As our History will also be fucked we would never have a chance of having more trophy's as Celtic for probably 2 to 300 years.

Not sure what you're referring to here Pete. Suspension wouldn't fuck our history.

If the SFA however refuse to transfer our membership from the oldco and we're forced to re-apply as a new club then to some extent you might have a point.

Those who want Div3 with no sanctions might do well to appreciate that the only way to guarantee this would be to do just that and apply as a new club. Then our history and it's continuation really would be open to debate.

Not sure what you're referring to here Pete. Suspension wouldn't fuck our history.

If the SFA however refuse to transfer our membership from the oldco and we're forced to re-apply as a new club then to some extent you might have a point.

Those who want Div3 with no sanctions might do well to appreciate that the only way to guarantee this would be to do just that and apply as a new club. Then our history and it's continuation really would be open to debate.

Not sure as far as i was led to believe if you don't have a league to play in then that would break your history. I hope I am wrong.