dump us in Div 3 and we will rise again-Gough

Ally McCoist wants it. The vast majority of the Rangers fans want it.

I never thought it would come to this, but I want it too.

Thatâ??s my message to the SFL as they prepare to meet today.

Send Rangers down. Go ahead. Forget this First Division nonsense.

That plan is only designed to make sure Rangers are back in the SPL in 12 months â?? but we can all see right through it.

The top-flight clubs voted Rangers out of the SPL so there should be no debate over where they play.

If Scottish football really wants to punish Rangers do it RIGHT â?? donâ??t be sneaky about it.

As far as I can see, SPL clubs want Rangers damaged â?? but donâ??t want their own clubs damaged.

They want to dish out punishment, but they donâ??t want the financial consequences.

You canâ??t have it both ways.

It should be either the full punishment or nothing.

Rangers will take their medicine, go to the Third and start again.

The club will survive and come back stronger.

The SPL clubs have made it clear that they donâ??t need Rangers.

If thatâ??s the case, put them in the Third and letâ??s see what happens to the clubs left behind.

Iâ??m told around half will face the threat of administration without Rangers and the TV money.

Whatever happens, itâ??s been typical Scottish football farce.

The vote is being held today but by the looks of it we already know what the result will be.

Clubs have been making statements left, right and centre. People all over the country are having a say. But do they really have the good of the game at heart? Or are they all about self-protection?

The authorities â?? the blazer brigade â?? have been a disgrace.

Rules for liquidated clubs should have been put in place YEARS ago.

Did the SFA and SPL not learn anything from Gretnaâ??s collapse?

I read Walter Smithâ??s interview in SunSport last week when he said the governing bodies were making it up as they go along.

I totally agree. Their handling of this has been SHAMEFUL.

Part of their new plan to get Rangers in the First Division is a promise that the SPL will be made bigger â?? 14 or 16 clubs, they say. So why is this such a good idea all of a sudden?

For years, Iâ??ve said the SPL should be bigger â?? that youngsters should be allowed to blossom in a less pressurised environment.

But the SPL blazers blocked it. They said the finances didnâ??t work?

Why? Probably because they wanted to safeguard the four Old Firm games and protect the cash the derby generates.

Decisions werenâ??t made for the long-term benefit of Scottish football. It was for the short-term.

Now theyâ??re in a panic, offering sweeteners to make sure Rangers are back in the SPL ASAP.

Itâ??s being dressed up as reconstruction for the good of the game.

But thatâ??s not what itâ??s about. Itâ??s because they canâ??t afford to have Rangers out of the SPL for three years. Itâ??s such a mess and I canâ??t believe it has come to this.

But Rangers WILL survive.

I donâ??t how Ally feels but I believe he will want to stay and lead Rangers up the leagues.Even if he does go, Rangers will still be a powerful draw for managers.

As for the players? I donâ??t blame them for walking away. Others might follow in the coming weeks. They did a lot for Rangers by taking a wage-cut last season, so let them go with dignity.

This is the time when the people leading the club need to stand up and be counted.

Charles Green has made a lot of promises and heâ??ll need to deliver.

I still want to see proper Rangers men in charge. Guys like Walter or John Brown.

But whatever happens, Iâ??m certain the fans will stick by the club. From February 14 when Rangers entered administration to this day, their support has been incredible.

This whole episode could galvanise the club and make it stronger. The Rangers fans want to start again in the Third Division and we should listen to them.

Because whatever happens at Hampden today there will always be a Rangers

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4426879/Ibrox-legend-eyes-basement.html#ixzz20SFhpuJ3

Fine words from Goughy, but if Rangers going down to the 3rd division equates to Scottish clubs going to the wall then that simply can't be allowed to happen.

Of course there will ALWAYS be a Rangers (just) but what will be left?

Gough is saying - Part of their new plan to get Rangers in the First Division is a promise that the SPL will be made bigger — 14 or 16 clubs, they say. So why is this such a good idea all of a sudden?

Here's a good idea - Put Rangers in the 3rd Division and watch Scottish football fly out the window and say 'I told you so'

Richard Gough was a fine servant as captain of Rangers FC, but he should keep his mouth shut.

I agree with gough I must admitt.

put us in the third and let the rest get on with it. we can rebuild so can they if they have to.

They won't have a huge fanbase to fall back on...any club facing our kind of situation (other than the top half of the SPL) would struggle to remain even in a Newco scenario.

Why the f#*k is he bothered the other day we had died a death and the history was gone we were just another new club.

Go and do one Goughie.

Agree mate, all these " Rangers Men" that took loads of money from Rangers and have never done a thing to help or to expose SDM.