Johnstone offers advice to Boyd.

i certainly realise that boys can improve his game in certain areas ( out side the box to be precise!) but does leguen expect him to do it overnight? Le gaffer should give the guy a break and a decent run in the team, only then will he show signs of his game improving. one thing is for sure, he aint going to get any better sitting on the bench.

i certainly realise that boys can improve his game in certain areas ( out side the box to be precise!) but does leguen expect him to do it overnight? Le gaffer should give the guy a break and a decent run in the team, only then will he show signs of his game improving. one thing is for sure, he aint going to get any better sitting on the bench.

Personally i don't think he can learn to hold up the ball outside the box, i think you either have that skill or you don't.Maybe he can make a slight improvement through coaching. I think le Guen is the person who has to make the decision do i pick the team to suit the skills of boyd or do we get in someone who does have those skills. I remember we were after Jardel(i think) a few years ago and he was also a player that does little for the team but he did guarantee 30 goals a season. You should not try and change the leopards spots but use him to suit his strengths.