Former Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor passes Besiktas medical

Allan McGregor has passed his medical with Besiktas and is expected to sign a two-year deal later on Thursday.

The former Rangers goalkeeper flew to Istanbul on Wednesday. He is expected to be unveiled by the Super Lig side at a news conference on Friday.

"The player is undergoing a medical on Thursday," the head of Besiktas' football committee, Tamer Kiran, told STV. "He is signing a two year deal.

"I spent 45 minutes to an hour with Allan last night. He is a very good professional, very fit and experienced. We believe he will deliver our team's objectives."

It is believed McGregor has mulled over the move for over two weeks, having originally agreed terms to move to Turkey as revealed by STV on July 10.

Besiktas will now apply to the Turkish FA for an International Transfer Certificate for the transfer to go through.

They are likely to have problems gaining international clearance, however, as Charles Green believes his new Rangers company are due a transfer fee.

McGregor was one of nine players who refused to transfer their contracts to Sevco Scotland Limited, exercising his right under TUPE regulations to terminate his deal.

FIFA have already issued temporary ITCs for a number of his former team-mates, meaning the keeper could be freed up to play pre-season and competitive games until the dispute is settled.

The goalkeeper, who has 20 international caps and is Scotland's number one, had been a Rangers player since 1998, making over 200 appearances for the Ibrox side and winning three league titles and eight cups.

Speaking in the Turkish press, Kiran also revealed his club had failed in a move for Sone Aluko, who has since joined Hull.

"We also wanted Sone to sign for Besiktas," he said. "But he did not want to come to Turkey."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112508-former-rangers-goalkeeper-allan-mcgregor-undergoes-besiktas-medical/

I used to follow some ex Rangers players careers when they left us, hoping they would have a decent time of it. Now, and maybe I'm being a bit petty and trivial, but I couldn't give a toss about any of these players who've moved on during this nightmare.

Some will fight their corner for them and that's fair enough, but IMO, it was a time to be selfless, brave and show respect for the club and fans that made the majority of them the rich, multiple medal winning international players that they are.

A good luck wish to them??? Not from me.

I'm just meh. they couldn't really stay but could have helped us with fees.

though looking at the level of interest in them as frees perhaps not.

I don't wish them any ill or great success.

ness and McCabe annoyed me somewhat and naisy given the support we gave him.

Beşiktaş have completed the transfer of Allan McGregor.

The Istanbul club released a statement on the Public Disclosure Forum (KAP) confirming the move and disclosing financial details.

"Allan McGregor has agreed to a two-year contract worth €1.2 million per-season."

McGregor told, BJK TV, "I became a free agent following Glasgow Ranger's relegation. Beşiktaş declared their interest, one thing led to another and now I am here.

"I'm excited to be here, it's a big club with a big tradition. The fans are great, they really get behind the club, I can't wait to play in front of them.

"It's a fresh start and one I'm ready for.

"I'll just give my all for the team and hopefully I can do my best" he said.

The experienced keeper spent six seasons at Rangers and has 21 Scotland international caps.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3260