by Lindsay Herron

FORMER Hearts and Scotland striker Kevin Kyle trained with Rangers today at Murray Park.

The 31-year frontman is a free agent having been released from his contract at Tynecastle last March.

Kyle did not play at all last season due to injury problems after a decent first season with Hearts in which he scored 10 goals in 22 games.

He played in some trial matches with Dunfermline this summer and also trained with St Johnstone.

The Rangers coaching staff invited him in to have a look at him in training.

Kyle had made it public earlier this week that he was more than open to an opportunity to prove himself to Ally McCoist.

The powerhouse striker began his career at Sunderland when he broke into the Scotland set-up.

He moved to Coventry City and then joined Kilmarnock where he became skipper under Jim Jefferies.

He followed Jefferies to Tynecastle in 2010.

0,,5~11079415,00.jpg

0,,5~11079416,00.jpg

0,,5~11079422,00.jpg

0,,5~11079426,00.jpg

0,,5~11079427,00.jpg

kyle and the pics i've seen of beattie look so unfit but i'm sure would do well in div 3, but i dont think we need both plodders.......

Beattie was funny when he scored for Hearts at the cup final a few months ago. Whips off his shirt forgetting what a fatty he is, then realised his flab's bouncing about and takes a deep breath to hold it in!! :D

Guest Dutchy

Kyle was a good scorer for Killie when Jefferies was there, which is why he took him to hearts. he got injured and didn't play for some time, but if he can score in the SPL, he sure as hell can put them in against any 3rd div side.

I just hope he's not so injury prone that we'd be paying him to sit in the sick room.