No redundancies if we support the Club

Will you take out a season ticket?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take out a season ticket?

• Had one last year and will renew now
    • Had one last year but won't renew now
    • Didn't have one last year, but will buy
    • Didn't have one last year and won't buy
    • Don't know / wait and see

if green makes people redundant so he can turn his mooted 2 million profit only one man will be to blame.

Nonsense. Green didn't put us In this position. You are very keen to blame him for something that wasn't his making.

Where does this £2 million profit figure come from that you keep churning out?

It's from the prospectus Green issued to investors. There's a thread from 16th July that has the whole document pasted, but the relevant excerpt is:

- In the very unlikely event a CVA is not agreed by creditors, the holding company will buy the same assets from Rangers plc for £5.5m - Rangers would potentially be precluded from European competition for up to 3 years

-Advantages to alternative scenario:

- Salaries could be reduced by c. £7m as there would be less requirement to retain star players

-Anticipated pre tax profits of £2m every year for the next 3 years

- Less pressure on working capital

if green makes people redundant so he can turn his mooted 2 million profit only one man will be to blame.

Disagree completely. He's given us an assurance that if we continue to back the club (presumably in similar numbers to last year, but admitedly he didn't specify a number), then there will be no redundancies. If we are so cynical that we choose to provide less support than previously, purely on the basis of unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo, then it will be our fault. On the other hand, if anyone can show me evidence that Whyte is involved, or that cash is being syphoned off for unexplained purposes, or that he's failing to deliver on substantive promises, then I'll happily join the campaign to starve him out.

I'm just not prepared to take that risk with my Club's future, or people's livlihoods and I suspect I'm in the majority on that.