Alex McLeish: â??If a guy comes for my medals heâ??ll get a right-handerâ??

Ignore the fact that Eck had to be a selling manager. He inherited an impressive team but was forced into getting rid of most as the spending days were long gone.

The fact he still achieved 7 trophies whilst going through an unbelievable "downsizing" would suggest he is far from an atrocious manager. Seems the Birmingham owners would agree, especially as they didnt want him leaving to go to Villa.

The Birmingham fans certainly wouldn't agree. He was widely hated for the style of football he played and woeful results. Funnily enough the Villa fans found the same thing. It's little wonder given this is the guy that took an old firm club to third in the league.

He might have had limited resources to spend but the general players he bought were not even SPL worthy, and he was given huge wage resources compared to other SPL clubs.

And hey, let's not pretend he didn't get any money. When we sold Boumsong he was given pretty much all of it to spend on 2 players (Buffel and Ferguson). He got over £4m to spend on one player in the SPL. Hardly the sign of someone with no money to spend.

Given the guy tended to spend waste every penny he was given (£1.1 million on Mladenovic anyone?), it's little wonder he wasn't trusted with much cash.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

He was given ample resources to sign players of a far higher calibre than Capucho, Emerson, Ostenstad, Maniero (I could go on all day, just pick a bunch out of any of his signings and they'll probably all be rotten).

He is an absolutely dire manager.

Mikel Arteta :D

Eck is a mixed bag manager, he seems able to work miracles sometimes but other times seems clueless, winning Birmingham their first trophy in yonks only to go down the same season was a prime example.

Personally he gave me some of the best moments of my life, so while Rangers also had some awful times with Eck I can easily forgive him in the long run.

He also brought us Dado Prso and Nacho Novo. Every manager makes crap signings. We have sure had plenty of them throughout the years.

I could probably name a good 25 atrocious signings he made that cost us fortunes to pay off. We made no development as a club during his reign.