Alex McLeish: â??If a guy comes for my medals heâ??ll get a right-handerâ??

He's a dire manager that plays the worst football imaginable and hopefully he's now out the game for good.

You're sticking up for a guy so intept that we finished third in the SPL and lost something like 11 games on the trot to Celtic. Absolutely 100% inept.

Overall he is seen a a joke in England too. The Carling Cup is irrelevant.

Yeah, fuck Helicopter Sunday, fuck beating their Seville team to the title.

He's a dire manager that plays the worst football imaginable and hopefully he's now out the game for good.

You're sticking up for a guy so intept that we finished third in the SPL and lost something like 11 games on the trot to Celtic. Absolutely 100% inept.

Overall he is seen a a joke in England too. The Carling Cup is irrelevant.

The Carling Cup is only irrelevant to the big teams. Arsenal fielded their strongest team in it all of that season because they wanted to win something. The other mid-table teams also play to win it. Regardless, he still won it.

None of us are proud of losing 11 on the bounce to Celtic. But he still won more trophies during his tenure when head-to-head with MoN than the Saintly Martin did. Not bad for so many atrocious signings. Losing 11 on the bounce to Celtic (or however many it was) isnt great, but I would prefer to win trophies than individual games. I bet MoN would give back those 11 wins to have the 7 trophies Eck won.

The Carling Cup is only irrelevant to the big teams. Arsenal fielded their strongest team in it all of that season because they wanted to win something. The other mid-table teams also play to win it. Regardless, he still won it.

None of us are proud of losing 11 on the bounce to Celtic. But he still won more trophies during his tenure when head-to-head with MoN than the Saintly Martin did. Not bad for so many atrocious signings. Losing 11 on the bounce to Celtic (or however many it was) isnt great, but I would prefer to win trophies than individual games. I bet MoN would give back those 11 wins to have the 7 trophies Eck won.

3 of Eck's trophies for us were league cups which massages the statistics somewhat.

The Carling Cup is a pretty much irrelevant trophy that nobody cares about. It's not really even worth arguing about that.

Even the FA Cup is starting to lose it's significance, both with small and big teams because compared to the league and European football, there's little money to make.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

3 of Eck's trophies for us were league cups which massages the statistics somewhat.

The Carling Cup is a pretty much irrelevant trophy that nobody cares about. It's not really even worth arguing about that.

Even the FA Cup is starting to lose it's significance, both with small and big teams because compared to the league and European football, there's little money to make.

How do the League Cups massage the statistics ? You know as well as I do that the league cup in Scotland is still competed by all teams and, unlike England, all the teams play their strongest team. It is a major domestic title and in Scotland one that everyone tries to win. It isnt a youth tournament much like England's is. I think you are being grossly unfair with that statement.

You are disputing the Carling Cup because he won it. There are plenty of people that care about it. Ask any of the Championship teams or, indeed, any of the teams outside the top 6 or 7 clubs in England and they would all want to win it.

I agree with your last sentence to an extent, but it shouldnt belittle the fact that a competition has been won by beating your peer group. I dont think the FA Cup has lost its significance to the small teams. The big teams yes, Man U set that train rolling when they ditched it for the World Club championship.

Having been in the Birmingham end at Wembley I can tell you that grown men in tears would suggest that some people cared.

Some of your points against him have been ridiculous! Managers like players go through bad spells, but whatever you think of his record this article is about him sticking up for us during a time when everyone is lining up to put the boot in