Rangers 4 - 0 East Fife (FT)

CHARLES GREEN paid tribute to the Rangers supporters after a fantastic 38,160 crowd roared the side on to a comfortable 4-0 win over East Fife in the League Cup.

The Chief Executive was stunned by the amazing response of the fans and now he wants them to be part of the future by taking part in a forthcoming share issue.

Green will reveal more details next week of the deal but first he was thrilled by the loyalty of the Light Blue legions.

He said: “It was a fantastic experience for me to see a crowd of that magnitude and it was very uplifting.

“I have been speaking to fans at the ticket office and I would l just like to thank everyone who came to the game and all of those who have been renewing their season tickets.

“I’m embarrassed to say that we have been overwhelmed by the response and the ticket office is creaking a bit but we had to sell East Fife tickets as well as season tickets.

“We have now extended the deadline to the end of the week so that should help things but it’s a nice problem to have.

“It was a magnificent crowd especially when you compare it to other crowds in England. In fact someone told me that our attendance was bigger than Celtic’s at the weekend.

“The fans have turned out in their thousands and I’m really proud of them.”

The Chief Executive revealed that a deal for fans to own part of the club will become clearer next week.

He said: “We had stockbrokers at the game and I’m sure they were impressed by what they saw.

“”We hope to come out next week with more details of the timetable of the programme and the structure of the share issue because we want fans to become involved in the club.

“Then they can become part of what we are trying to build here.

“It’s the beginning of a journey. The dark days are behind us. I’m sure there will be some hurdles ahead of us but together we can do remarkable things.”

Green also insisted the Board is more than happy to help Ally McCoist build his squad after Fran Sandaza, Kevin Kyle and Emilson all joined up.

He said: “We had to support Alastair in terms of bringing in new players because we have lost so many – about 24 – since the beginning of the year.

“And people have to realise that we have to sign players for two seasons because of the transfer ban because it will be January 2014 before we can sign any more.

“So the board are backing him by bringing in these players. Some of them are not fit yet like Sandaza but credit to the guy because he wanted to be involved. I think he will be a very good player for us.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/index.php/news/headlines/item/1676-green-salutes-loyal-fans

Did you clock big Kirk's Tom Daly impression in the first half? Aside from it being so bad it was funny, I hate to see that in a Rangers shirt - you don't need to do it, big man.

I liked Shiels too, great to see some skiil again. Who else? Wallace looked excellent and should plainly be in the national team; Boca will be a huge miss when he goes; the younger players really look exciting. Happy night out for this bear.

Rangers players being called up for national duty is sadly a thing of the past right now...we'll need to wait for that for a few more years but who cares if the players themselves dont?

Not sure if the situation at the moment will effect Scotland's qualification for the WC. probably not as we've not seen it for decades.

The National team went 'oot th' windae' some time ago, bringing in 3rd division players might make a difference, but Levein is a bottler and will never take a chance on that even if Rangers are playing there. What a wank.

Wallace was different class. Levein is a fool. His argument is pointless anyway, a good cup run is enough to get a call-up regardless of the league the team are in.

Scotlands loss,Rangers gain...................