Lesson learned from last night.

I thought last night was superb.

Great performance by the team, great result, and awesome support. Take your hats off everyone. There was a fabulous sense of "Up you - we are still Rangers - always have been, always will be."

Got the usual polite "how was it?" from the guys at work today, and it struck me that they were really miffed that we're not actually down in the dregs of Scottish football, and that we're not scraping an existence.

I elaborated about the great football we played, and how 40,000 fans turned up on a Tuesday night, and the jealousy was only slightly concealed.

Last night was great.

The lesson learned? Let's pull together, let's encourage each other, and let's pack Ibrox out for every game.

Then we win. They can never take the support away from us.

I think the main lesson to be learned is that if you mix good weather, cheap tickets (£13 for an adult? I paid that for a kids ticket!) & then factor in a stand with a pay-at-the-gate option it will push the crowds in the right direction.

Although I have a season ticket this year, in the past I wouldn't buy a ticket as I couldn't be 100% sure that I'd be finished work in time or if I would be able to stay awake after work, this option gives alot of flexibility.

I could be taking the wrong angle, but that's what was going through my head last night.

I agree, and I also think it is the right time to reintroduce the cash gate.

Not everyone wants to book in advance over the net or can afford a season ticket. We could add a few thousand to the attendance on a nice day by bears deciding to go to the match on the day. Previously they wouldnt have bothered because of the hastle of having to try to get a ticket.

If our ST sales finish up at around 30k, there should be plenty of room to create a cash gate on a similar basis to Tuesday night.

We must do everything we can to encourage supporters back to the games, not put obstacles in their way just to satisfy a few people in the police/stewarding/ticketing departments.