Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Was Harry Redknapp sacked at Spurs for what took place on the field of play ? They finished 4th in the league, highest position for ages and payed some good stuff - what were the reasons he was sacked ?

They finished 4th after throwing away big lead in 3rd to Arsenal, and it was always known 4th may not get a CL place if Chelsea won it. Chelsea obviously did win it and Daniel Levy decided he fancied a change to something a bit more continental again. Think Harry only had a year left on his deal as well.

Yet i've just given you prime examples of where it hasn't mattered at all, otherwise Mourinho wouldn't have managed the clubs he has, Ferguson wouldn't have got the Man Utd job, so i'd take whatever the Lille chairman says as his own view more than anything. And I still doubt he'd turn down Mourinho.

He isnt the only one suggesting it. The guy who created the presentation for UEFA has also been in coaches meetings with all of the above-mentioned coaches.

Was Mourinho sacked from Chelsea for on-field performances ?

There are also examples of managers being sacked for things not related to on-field performance, or are you suggesting that is not the case ?

He isnt the only one suggesting it. The guy who created the presentation for UEFA has also been in coaches meetings with all of the above-mentioned coaches.

Was Mourinho sacked from Chelsea for on-field performances ?

There are also examples of managers being sacked for things not related to on-field performance, or are you suggesting that is not the case ?

He fell out with Abramovich yes, but that's as much an Abramovich problem as Mourinho, it's well known he's impatient and goes in over his manager's head a lot to sign players or get rid of coaches. But it's worth noting it still coincided with a slump in Chelsea's form, they'd lost the title to Man Utd and started the 2007-08 season dropping a lot of points and drew at home to Rosenborg in Jose's final match. There's strong suggestions of conflicts at Madrid but unless the results remain terrible then he'll be going no-where.

I pretty much am, i'm not saying other factors can't come into it but what is going on in the park will always decide it above all else, even if it's case of as good as your last game. I can't really think of any example where at least short series of poor results wasn't involved, even if it looks very impatient and knee jerk I really don't remember any examples where a manager has been doing brilliantly and suddenly got the boot, only real time that happens is new owners wanting to bring in their own man.

If a manager is doing a very good job on the park then he will always survive the axe however he is viewed for other reasons, and he'll always get another good job as well.

So you have been relaxed about Ally not attending all these SFA and SPL meetings with Green? You weren't waiting for Ally to say whether season tickets should be bought? You think that he should not be making statements about EBTs and the stealing of titles? Aye right.

so your saying if he was having a blinder on the park. top of the league, still on all cups and playing like barca but was refusing to have anything to do with matters of the park you would be calling for him to be sacked?

Can you explain what tactics are stopping professional players from beating a lesser talented team?

Someone will mention the long ball but funnily enough, in all the games I watched there was very few long balls except from Alexander - and that seemed to be his personal preference rather than any tactics. Besides, shouldn't these players be able to win the ball in the air?

I'm sorry but I see little evidence of us playing badly due to tactics. I'm sure the tactics are not to pass badly, lose the ball easily, and to defend ineptly. What are the penalty tactics that lost us the shoot-out?

Our team should really be able to win no matter what the tactics are. Unfortunately they don't seem to be playing consistently well, while the opposition are playing out of their skins.

Long ball game is bread and butter for the majority of centre halfs in lower leagues.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem (don't get me wrong i still wouldn't like it) with the long balls if we had a setup to benefit from it...but we don't. Nacho scored countless goals from Prso flick-ons but where is that setup in this team? You have Jig as target man but no-one playing off the shoulder to get in behind. Long balls bypass the midfield so they are yards behind the ball and playing catch up.

Surely Ally would be blowing his nut if he was telling them to keep the ball on the deck, make the ball do the work, keep possession. But he isn't. So this suggests he is happy with the setup that as it currently is. I just think with an SPL quality side we should have the ball on the deck taking advantage of our players best attributes. Shiels was player of the year in a Killie team which played excellent football last year. McLeod and McKay look really good talents with ball to feet. Templeton will be when fit.

Anyway next time just keep an eye on the amount of long balls we play and the outcome. Most of the time we are just handing possession right back to the opposition.

Sorry i'm not very articulate so not sure if my post answered your initial question.

Long ball game is bread and butter for the majority of centre halfs in lower leagues.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem (don't get me wrong i still wouldn't like it) with the long balls if we had a setup to benefit from it...but we don't. Nacho scored countless goals from Prso flick-ons but where is that setup in this team? You have Jig as target man but no-one playing off the shoulder to get in behind. Long balls bypass the midfield so they are yards behind the ball and playing catch up.

Surely Ally would be blowing his nut if he was telling them to keep the ball on the deck, make the ball do the work, keep possession. But he isn't. So this suggests he is happy with the setup that as it currently is. I just think with an SPL quality side we should have the ball on the deck taking advantage of our players best attributes. Shiels was player of the year in a Killie team which played excellent football last year. McLeod and McKay look really good talents with ball to feet. Templeton will be when fit.

Anyway next time just keep an eye on the amount of long balls we play and the outcome. Most of the time we are just handing possession right back to the opposition.

Sorry i'm not very articulate so not sure if my post answered your initial question.

I would say you got that spot on mate.

ally v mccall. i wonder who will win the tactical battle this evening. no laughing at the back.

Hopefully Ally. Almost time to find out.

I am stuck in work, have kids footy coaching right after and then it is my son's 8th birthday and we are out to dinner after his training... so I will have to try and stay off Gersnet and the footy scores websites so I can watch the game later without knowing the score - always a massive challenge for me.

Hopefully Ally. Almost time to find out.

I am stuck in work, have kids footy coaching right after and then it is my son's 8th birthday and we are out to dinner after his training... so I will have to try and stay off Gersnet and the footy scores websites so I can watch the game later without knowing the score - always a massive challenge for me.

no luck mate! you are one busy man.

no luck mate! you are one busy man.

I would click on thanks but not sure I would mean it :D

Ohhh, and I have a meeting from 3pm-4pm (so 7-8pm UK time) so I miss everything.

I probably wont get home till after 9pm tonight and wont finish watching the footy till gone 11.... which means no FIFA 13 tonight either :(

And I still have to pfully plan out my training sessions for my U10's as well.

Wednesdays SUCK in my house. Well, they do for me - the wee fella loves his footy and the Mrs doesnt care as she isnt doing all the running around...

Anyway.... COME ON RANGERS !!!!!!!!!!!