Our European record - conversation moved from other thread

how many of those was walter in charge of mate? he has a disgustingly embarassing european record.

Well the run starts from the first leg vs Fiorentina, only win since then has been at home to Bursaspor. Obviously progress was made a couple of times through penalties and away goals but the point is very much valid.

how many of those was walter in charge of mate? he has a disgustingly embarassing european record.

Can't understand people being disgusted or embarrassed by anything Walter Smith, but in any case: Walter and Rangers actually have a European record. Dozen upon dozen teams have not ... and I do not speak of Scottish teams here.

Well the run starts from the first leg vs Fiorentina, only win since then has been at home to Bursaspor. Obviously progress was made a couple of times through penalties and away goals but the point is very much valid.

it is indeed, walters european record was dreadful and as a club our record is unacceptable.

Can't understand people being disgusted or embarrassed by anything Walter Smith, but in any case: Walter and Rangers actually have a European record. Dozen upon dozen teams have not ... and I do not speak of Scottish teams here.

i have yet to meet any rangers fan who was not embarrassed or disgusted by the defeats to kaunas and unirea not to mention strasbourg, aek, gothenburg, prague, auxerre, levski, osasuna all those embarassing defeats to financially weaker opposition. all under the same manager. shocking.

I think Smiths record in European football is very commendable...to take Rangers to a final in the then state of affairs was miraculous at the least.

what state of affairs? we had a huge squad with some outstanding players. what state? the real problems kicked in the year after.

what state of affairs? we had a huge squad with some outstanding players. what state? the real problems kicked in the year after.

Big hammerings for any Scottish team in Europe is the norm now along with humpings by the like of Kaunus and Artmedia (5-0) Glory days are well behind us, the state of affairs

Walter and Europe shouldn't go in the same sentence. Is it 1 in the last 22 games we have won? Something you might expect from a team from San Marino, not the Rangers