Sky Sports sources understand Stoke have tabled a £4million bid for Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam.

Adam has struggled to make an impact at Anfield since joining from Blackpool last summer and looks unlikely to be part of manager Brendan Rodgers' first-team plans this season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8032237/Potters-bid-for-Adam

Dalglish was obviously high signing him in the first place. Adam, Henderson and Carroll for 60 million! Possibly the worst trio of signings ever.

Stoke will fit Adams game perfectly. Rough hard tackling and no skill needed.

Edu, Adam and Ness in the same team! Not even sure if we'd have been happy with that 2 years ago. It would have been a huge hit or miss.

Sadly I agree with you Gribz.

Having got 50 million for Torres and spending 20 on Suarez, that left Dalglish with 30 million plus whatever Henry had given him as a transfer kitty. He spunked it on dross IMHO. Adam was a very poor signing in my opinion. I could never see him beside Gerrard or even Lucas. He has decent range but he is far too one-paced for the EPL, again IMO.

Henderson has been a flop too, he did nothing. And then you also have Carroll. He may actually come good but to spend 35 million on a guy who was still completely unproven having had a single season in the EPL and no international caps was a horrible piece of business.

You are also forgetting Stewart Downing..... how much of a flop has he been ???

Gribz, you will be happy to learn that Andy Carroll is in London finalising a season long oan to West Ham :D

I cant beleive that one Craig. Been hoping it didnt materialise at all. Although he will suit Allardyce' style and he may feel he has something to prove which is the only promising thing. He is good mates with Nolan so should fit in straight away. I did actually think Carroll was a good player at Newcastle, his work rate was excellent so he needs to get that back. But at Anfield and for England he fits into the same brackets as that Arsenal full back Jenkinson i.e. - why are they professionals!

RE Liverpool, cant believe I forgot to include Downing in the list of Dalglish signings. He's possibly the biggest flop as Adam and Henderson were poor players anyway and Carrolls price tag ruined him.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis on Charlie Adam: "It's no secret that we've been looking to bring more goals to the squad and Charlie is a fantastic signing in that respect," commented City's manager.

"Not only will his creativity and his eye for delivering a pass be a great asset to us, he scored twelve goals for Blackpool in the Premier League two seasons ago."

Eh??? Pulis might be another smackheed! Its Adam he's signed not Gerrard.