Why There Were Not More Signings

I think they have banked on Ryan McGowan, especially after allowing Broadfoot and Bocanegro to go. They obviously couldn't speak to the Hearts players until after their match with Liverpool and this has made it impossible to get someone else in in place of McGowan. There were possibly others they were hoping for that declined. I don't find Green's reasons very convincing but suspect he is using the situation to have another pop at the authorities which has been poular with the support rather than saying that there are other reasons for not getting some of the players that were mentioned. It looks better for us than saying players didn't want to play in the 3rd division and of course there are financial limits as well. The investors are not running a charity.

I am very happy so far with our signings but like everyone else would have preferred more defensive cover and another midfield player. If we continue to play like we did on Thursday night I will be very happy.

I'd say he mainly mentioned it to further show what a shambles Scottish Football is.

or to blame the sfa and get fans onside as he knows we dont like them. a nice deflection just like the players contracts who walked out on us, he knew we could not honour them so allowed the players to walk meaning their huge contracts were null and void.

or to blame the sfa and get fans onside as he knows we dont like them. a nice deflection just like the players contracts who walked out on us, he knew we could not honour them so allowed the players to walk meaning their huge contracts were null and void.

That just does not make financial sense. He would have got decent money by getting them to stay, then selling them on as most wouldn't stay in Division 3.

That just does not make financial sense. He would have got decent money by getting them to stay, then selling them on as most wouldn't stay in Division 3.

but what if there were no takers? we had no interest in any of those players before so why would teams want them now? what if he was left with that huge wage bill and the turnover of a rangers in division 3? we would have been back in administration within months.

feeble excuses. we don't have 22 players over 21 and we have had weeks to sign players.

It's been the last day though, at this point things really speed up towrds the end so this has really have been taking their time away from handling transfer issues imo

"Ahead of this transfer ban being put in place, we still have the ludicracy of not being able to sign the number of players we'd like to bring in, because the players who walked out on their contract are still included in our quota," added Green.

Why the hell is that? Doesn't make any sense at all does it

but what if there were no takers? we had no interest in any of those players before so why would teams want them now? what if he was left with that huge wage bill and the turnover of a rangers in division 3? we would have been back in administration within months.

I doubt that. We had no interest in some of the players because until we went into admin they were under contract and happy playing for us. I don't think things would have turned out much differently if they had tuped over, except we would have got more money and they would have got less.