Davie Cooper

With all the talk with Templeton it got me thinking about the man Cooper himself. Although i never met him i miss the guy. Fantastic player and from what it seemed, a gentleman as well. I remember his death quite clearly and although he was just at the end of his Rangers career when i started following Gers, i've watched plenty of videos and was very sad when he passed at such a young age.

So just wondered what everyone's memories of Coops were... For me, goal Durrant scored at Ibrox against the Mhanks when 'Super' danced through the Cel*** players before laying it to Durrant to score. Cooper then waited for Durrant to come to him to celebrate but he went and ran past Coops. Cooper did the hi 5 with fresh air anyway...Gold.

Of course the free kick against the Sheep in the league cup final that almost ripped the net clean off the goal.

He truly was a legend. Super Cooper will never be forgotten.

With the exclusion of Laudrup, Davie Cooper was the most skillfull player I've ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

There are too many goals to mention but my favourite was at Tynecastle when he collected the ball on the half way line and dribbled right down the left wing before cutting inside to score - noone could get near him.

Davie Cooper what can you say when he was good he was breathtaking, but you could also argue that the word enigma was invented for him because he could be absolutely howling as well.

So the best way to tell you about him is that he would never pass you in the street or pub when you put out your hand and wanted to talk Rangers, he loved the club with all his heart and never spoke or did anything which would bring the name of Rangers into disrepute.

Miss him loads and wish we had a couple more like him.

NO SURRENDER DAVIE COOPER, WATP.