Critical (and extremely busy) 14 days coming up!

... are we actually out of a decent pre-season yet? I give the team till the end of September to settle themselves squad- and tactics-wise and get onto levels we can and should expect.

Are you serious when was the last time Rangers had a 2 month preseason, this it's still Pre-season pish is over.

People saying cups are a bonus. And they are correct.

But how fucking outstandingly awesome would it be if we could manage to nick the SFA cup or even the usually much maligned League Cup.

Has a bottom division side ever won one of the major senior trophies.

I know its highly unlikely but then Ross County beat Celtic in the cup recently, we beat QOTS in the final. And we have a team that is of high end SPL quality. Better than the two mentioned.

Of course its not like before when we expected the finals. But it is also possible, if not highly likely. And alongside the euphoria of winning one of the two from the bottom division, the rest of Scottish football and our media would explode! :D

I'd love to win even the league cup and normally wouldn't really bother my arse. Funny times.

People saying cups are a bonus. And they are correct.

But how fucking outstandingly awesome would it be if we could manage to nick the SFA cup or even the usually much maligned League Cup.

Has a bottom division side ever won one of the major senior trophies.

I know its highly unlikely but then Ross County beat Celtic in the cup recently, we beat QOTS in the final. And we have a team that is of high end SPL quality. Better than the two mentioned.

Of course its not like before when we expected the finals. But it is also possible, if not highly likely. And alongside the euphoria of winning one of the two from the bottom division, the rest of Scottish football and our media would explode! :D

I'd love to win even the league cup and normally wouldn't really bother my arse. Funny times.

I think winning the Scottish cup would be the cherry on the top. A win there would mean European qualification (which we obviously can't use), but it would still be nice to qualify!!!

Is there anything I said about "it's still pre-season"?

Well if your asking " Are we actually out of Pre Season yet? " then telling us you will give them another 4 weeks, I would assume you think we are still Pre Season.

So that's a yes.

You can't have good home displays then blame the crap away ones on its still Pre Season.

Anyone who doesn't realise that away games can be much trickier than home games, even against lower rated opposition, doesn't know a lot about football. Just look at any cup results or European results and you'll see the pattern. This is compounded many times when you have a new side.

Also anyone who doesn't think a pre-season is important needs to explain what a pre-season is for and why almost every professional manager sees them as important.

There also seems to be a lack of understanding that putting huge pressure early on for top class results is generally counter productive, and that's without the problems our club have has had.

We had another good win the other day and still the complaints flood in.

Well if your asking " Are we actually out of Pre Season yet? " then telling us you will give them another 4 weeks, I would assume you think we are still Pre Season.

So that's a yes.

You can't have good home displays then blame the crap away ones on its still Pre Season.

That is my opinion about the first two away games we had so far, though we did not clad ourselves in glory with the last either. That said, methinks we got our "first license" a couple of days before the Brechin game and I simply assume that before that any players' future was still very much in the balance an if there was any training at all, it was minimal and we had next to no settled squad (if you'd call it squad at all). Thus, we essentially started pre-season "action" (remember the summer trips last season, methinks we had some 6 pre-season games before anything competitive happened in seasons before) with a competitive game at Brechin on July 29th. Once we got a license and could eventually start to sign players and adjust the squad, we were already playing competitive stuff instead of friendlies - though many will argue that games against 3rd Division teams are no more than "friendlies with an edge" anyway.

So what we essentially have is a new team with a handful of veterans, who should by now start clicking - after 8 games - but who have been chopped and changed player- and tactic-wise, with some not yet there fitness-wise yet: Kyle, Sandaza, Cribari, Perry. Hence my "rhethorical question". Thus, I would think that Ally will have them settled tactic-wise by the end of September, while the fitness should be there already.

That is my opinion about the first two away games we had so far, though we did not clad ourselves in glory with the last either. That said, methinks we got our "first license" a couple of days before the Brechin game and I simply assume that before that any players' future was still very much in the balance an if there was any training at all, it was minimal and we had next to no settled squad (if you'd call it squad at all). Thus, we essentially started pre-season "action" (remember the summer trips last season, methinks we had some 6 pre-season games before anything competitive happened in seasons before) with a competitive game at Brechin on July 29th. Once we got a license and could eventually start to sign players and adjust the squad, we were already playing competitive stuff instead of friendlies - though many will argue that games against 3rd Division teams are no more than "friendlies with an edge" anyway.

So what we essentially have is a new team with a handful of veterans, who should by now start clicking - after 8 games - but who have been chopped and changed player- and tactic-wise, with some not yet there fitness-wise yet: Kyle, Sandaza, Cribari, Perry. Hence my "rhethorical question". Thus, I would think that Ally will have them settled tactic-wise by the end of September, while the fitness should be there already.

That's all well and good can you explain why they don't seem to need a Pre Season when they are at home then.