Scotland v Macedonia

I'd try and snaffle Harry Redknapp. He's out a job and could be talked into taking the job if he's allowed to leave when a league club want him as their manager. It's worth a bash!

And that right there is all that is wrong with Scottish football.

Redknapp is 65 yrs old. He has never "grown" a team, always bought one.

But we want him to spearhead our revival ? Short termism at its worst.

And that right there is all that is wrong with Scottish football.

Redknapp is 65 yrs old. He has never "grown" a team, always bought one.

But we want him to spearhead our revival ? Short termism at its worst.

He's never "grown" a team? You mean apart from when he managed West Ham and he gave Ferdinand, Carrick, Cole, Defoe and Lampard their debuts for the club?

He's never "grown" a team? You mean apart from when he managed West Ham and he gave Ferdinand, Carrick, Cole, Defoe and Lampard their debuts for the club?

And what involvement did he have in their prior development ? I suspect very little.

He may have given them their debuts but the problem with Scottish football is deep-rooted. We keep hearing about how we should get these acclaimed managers - but what we need is a long-term approach rather than a quick fix. That is my point.

And what involvement did he have in their prior development ? I suspect very little.

He may have given them their debuts but the problem with Scottish football is deep-rooted. We keep hearing about how we should get these acclaimed managers - but what we need is a long-term approach rather than a quick fix. That is my point.

That's a bit of an assumption to make when you know nothing about it! Did SAF have anything to do with the progress of the Neville's, Butt, Scholes and Beckham?

Your point re Redknapp has been blown out the water.

Edited by Gazza_8

I listed Redknapp in my first post. He'd get the team attacking and probably would have won both games this week. If he got us to Brazil then it might inspire the younger generation to get back into playing football and put down the Wii for a while.

Its the SFAs responsibility for structuring the development. The national team manager just has to go get us to win games.

He played them and that's what counts, who knows what involvement he had prior to that? Probably a pretty substantial involvement.

Redknapp as the number 1 would be the most long term decision they ever made because he would get the team playing attacking, progressive football for the first time in 20-30 years.

But as I said earlier, we have just as much chance getting Guardiola or Mourinho as we offer diddy money and have a squad full of them too.