Charles Green's transfer activity

Amongst all the other good work Charles has done I think he deserves praise for the backing he has given the manager in terms of squad development.

Yes you can talk about needing more bodies, all the wages that are off the bill but you have to remember the level we're at, it's the third tier of Scottish Football, a part time league! I and I think the majority of us were wondering what good SFL journeymen we'd be be able to sign, McCulloch would be the only senior player we'd still see here and that our under 19s would probably end up being the majority of the first team squad.

Instead we have brought in three players who were POTY for their clubs in the SPL, a player with 100 odd games in Serie A, a striker with a terrific SPL goalscoring record, an under-20 World Cup Winner with France, a former Greek under 21 international, an Aussie youngsters highly rated enough to be signed by Italian clubs at a young age and of course, the most exciting winger in Scotland with actually needing to pay a fee. We also re-signed probably our best goalscorer Andy Little after his contract had expired.

Add to that we have handed out new long term contracts to three very talented youngsters that have broken into the first team, and to our outstanding left back in the prime of his career, all of that will no doubt involve pay rises. Other talented youngsters like Perry and Hutton have been retained, as well as experience like McCulloch and Alexander on pretty big wages with new deals are being discussed for them as well.

Now Ally McCoist may not fully agree but as Green said a football manager is never going to have enough players. For me Charles has gone above and beyond the call of duty in terms of transfer activity required considering the level we've been dumped at.

I'm very happy anyway.