Stealing Titles and rejoining the SPL

Support a petition to reject promotion to the SPL if titles are stripped?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Support a petition to reject promotion to the SPL if titles are stripped?

• Yes
    • No

Just a thought but would we, here, be in general support for a petition to the club, to Charles Green, to reject any possible return to the SPL should they strip (steal?) any titles from us?

I.e. if they take titles, assuming we win back to back promotions can we reject promotion from the SFL1 to SPL?

Would Gersnetters be in support of signing such a petition sent to the club?

Yes from me.

The way things are going with clubs not paying their players on time for August, despite all the "Sellout Saturdays" we were promised, the SPL will go bankrupt or implode before we have to make the choice.

Personally, I'd support the idea of a petition, but it might not even be necessary depending on whether or not there's a complete Scottish league reconstruction and what form that takes if it happens. Ideally, what I think should happen is the SPL ceases to exist after a reconstruction and the SFL take back their rightful place as the governing body of ALL Scottish football leagues. It might just sound like a pipe dream, but the SPL have dug themselves a pretty sizeable hole and if they continue down the path they've taken and strip us of honours, they're going to be digging that hole even deeper. All that'll be left is for someone to kick them into it and start shovelling...

There's no contest now. When you weigh up the for and against items, the only one 'for' is finance. As many above have pointed out, the SPL and money are proving odd bedfellows at the moment; there's no certainties regarding money. Also, they have played incredibly fast and loose with monies owed to various clubs, not just us - I don't trust them. And not least, in fact foremost in my eyes, is that the concept of the SPL - which we bear much responsibility for - is no longer one I wish to support.

A restructuring of teams allied to a restructuring of leagues is the answer. I just don't want to play with SPL teams anymore. The whole concept is utterly discredited in my eyes. As I say, we helped give birth to it so must accept blame, but it hasn't helped the game one bit. I've learnt my lesson.

All of which said, I should think the investors will look at us in disbelief if we push forward on that one. The Sky money will be severly diluted if there's no OF on a regular basis.

There's no contest now. When you weigh up the for and against items, the only one 'for' is finance. As many above have pointed out, the SPL and money are proving odd bedfellows at the moment; there's no certainties regarding money. Also, they have played incredibly fast and loose with monies owed to various clubs, not just us - I don't trust them. And not least, in fact foremost in my eyes, is that the concept of the SPL - which we bear much responsibility for - is no longer one I wish to support.

A restructuring of teams allied to a restructuring of leagues is the answer. I just don't want to play with SPL teams anymore. The whole concept is utterly discredited in my eyes. As I say, we helped give birth to it so must accept blame, but it hasn't helped the game one bit. I've learnt my lesson.

There's some very good points there Andy, although I'd contest that finance isn't necessarily the only 'for' depending on what happens with reconstruction because if the SPL is allowed to continue as an entity, then European spots become an issue alongside finance should we wish to object to rejoining their league.

All of which said, I should think the investors will look at us in disbelief if we push forward on that one. The Sky money will be severly diluted if there's no OF on a regular basis.

The investors will definitely want the club back at the top of Scottish football and playing in Europe again, but they're also going to have to listen to the fans, whether they like it or not.

To be honest, I think it'll end up coming down to how much nose we're all willing to agree to cut off out of spite and/or whether we can find enough forgiveness and pity for their irrational stupidity.

Just a thought but would we, here, be in general support for a petition to the club, to Charles Green, to reject any possible return to the SPL should they strip (steal?) any titles from us?

I.e. if they take titles, assuming we win back to back promotions can we reject promotion from the SFL1 to SPL?

Would Gersnetters be in support of signing such a petition sent to the club?

I would reject it SA even if they don't strip titles.

Funnily enough CG is on record a few weeks ago saying that even if we gallop through the SFL divisions there is no guarantee we will return to the SPL.