Stealing Titles and rejoining the SPL

Support a petition to reject promotion to the SPL if titles are stripped?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Support a petition to reject promotion to the SPL if titles are stripped?

• Yes
    • No

There's no contest now. When you weigh up the for and against items, the only one 'for' is finance. As many above have pointed out, the SPL and money are proving odd bedfellows at the moment; there's no certainties regarding money. Also, they have played incredibly fast and loose with monies owed to various clubs, not just us - I don't trust them. And not least, in fact foremost in my eyes, is that the concept of the SPL - which we bear much responsibility for - is no longer one I wish to support.

A restructuring of teams allied to a restructuring of leagues is the answer. I just don't want to play with SPL teams anymore. The whole concept is utterly discredited in my eyes. As I say, we helped give birth to it so must accept blame, but it hasn't helped the game one bit. I've learnt my lesson.

All of which said, I should think the investors will look at us in disbelief if we push forward on that one. The Sky money will be severly diluted if there's no OF on a regular basis.

That is exactly the stick we need to beat them with. We can tell them if you take away our titles we will not allow televised games. Yes that would be illegal but so is blackmail and bribery.

Dont need to strip titles to reject the SPL for me. I wouldnt want to go back in there with the current set up and vile that comes with it.

Notice how a few of my aberdeen supporting 'friends' on FB were laughing when we dropped out but are now begging for us to be drawn with them at Pittodrie in the League cup. They cant live without us. Id like nothing more than getting them at Ibrox and stuffing them.

I don't see the SPL as having a long term future.

Also the SFA as presently structured is way past its sell by date.

In my book there should be no Club interests involved in the SFA at all.

Regarding Euro money, I'm not so sure. By all accounts we will have good financial figures this year, and we appear to be able to able to compete with anyone.

European football is a different ball game. We would need big signing on fees, big wages and at the end of the day, it's a gamble.

Producing quality players out of Auchenhowie year in year out is probably a more sound longer term business model.

Two £5m sales a year is not unrealistic.

To be honest i am enjoying life in div 3 much more than i thought i would so I am all for rejecting promotion if they take our titles. The way they have acted so far it wouldn't even need them to take our titles really...

However, if we could get a couple of the more friendly SPL sides (Killie & ......???) on board we really would be holding all the cards. They can hardly go on with an 8 or 9 team league so they would come with the begging bowls to the SFL. Just a pipe dream but putting it out there to get other peoples thoughts.

Never want to play in that cesspit again, interesting point that BG makes above me about getting two or three of the better SPL teams to break away. Was interesting to see CG making nicey nicey with Motherwell before the cup tie maybe that's exactly what he's up to as well.

To be honest i am enjoying life in div 3 much more than i thought i would so I am all for rejecting promotion if they take our titles. The way they have acted so far it wouldn't even need them to take our titles really...

However, if we could get a couple of the more friendly SPL sides (Killie & ......???) on board we really would be holding all the cards. They can hardly go on with an 8 or 9 team league so they would come with the begging bowls to the SFL. Just a pipe dream but putting it out there to get other peoples thoughts.

I'd agree with this as long as we can act with a bit of decorum come the reconstruction. I would actually go further than most, I suspect, and say words to the effect that since we fucked up big time by inflicting the SPL on Scottish football, we'll let you guys (SFL) come up with the next plan.

I wouldn't like to see us trying to bum our load after what's happened to us.

I'd agree with this as long as we can act with a bit of decorum come the reconstruction. I would actually go further than most, I suspect, and say words to the effect that since we fucked up big time by inflicting the SPL on Scottish football, we'll let you guys (SFL) come up with the next plan.

I wouldn't like to see us trying to bum our load after what's happened to us.

Have every faith in the SFL getting it right for the whole of Scottish Football, they are the only ones in this whole mess to come out of it with their heads held high.

Only problem with not entering the SPL is we wouldn't be able to compete in the Champions League which is where the club should be. I can't see it coming to that though. Even if they try and strip our titles we will take the case to either the Court of Session or the CAS and it would be thrown out without hesitation. The charges simply do not stack up.