'Unified Supporters Platform'

I don't type fast enough to keep up with Craig and my mind runs at a third of the speed too, so it's a non-starter. :D

Haha. Mine is only operating at 20% capacity today so you are just fine Zaps...

I don't type fast enough to keep up with Craig and my mind runs at a third of the speed too, so it's a non-starter. :D

Turn off your first run press of Weasels Ripped My Flesh and get your head in the game, man! :razz:

Where did this idea that messageboards can adopt a position that reflects the wishes of their members come from?

Blogs, aye, fair enough. But boards? Even here, with a select membership, we can't agree on the manager, the players, the formation, the owner, the previous owner, the administrators, the SPL, a boycott, the Orange strip...to imagine a messageboard can represent an entire constituency is just mad.

Where did this idea that messageboards can adopt a position that reflects the wishes of their members come from?

Blogs, aye, fair enough. But boards? Even here, with a select membership, we can't agree on the manager, the players, the formation, the owner, the previous owner, the administrators, the SPL, a boycott, the Orange strip...to imagine a messageboard can represent an entire constituency is just mad.

Exactly. Even worse when you are split down the middle.

I don't know how it'd work here. Running a forum sounds like complete hell to me. :)

But I'd guess that the forum is in someway an extension of the editorial ideals of the site itself, so if the 'staff' of the site could come to a consensus that'd be its position. Then forum members with dissenting opinions could, of course, always discuss them on the boards.

If Gersnet came out and officially said, as a sort of mission statement, that it wanted an Orange strip, there's no way I would post on it.

Not under my real name, anyway. I thought the only criteria for membership was being a bluenose (which it is, we all know that) and to put your name to this plan or that plan, or support this person or that person would just smack of site admin/owners getting too far up their own jacksies.

Now you know how to get rid of me!

If Gersnet came out and officially said, as a sort of mission statement, that it wanted an Orange strip, there's no way I would post on it.

Not under my real name, anyway. I thought the only criteria for membership was being a bluenose (which it is, we all know that) and to put your name to this plan or that plan, or support this person or that person would just smack of site admin/owners getting too far up their own jacksies.

Now you know how to get rid of me!

We'll never officially concern ourselves with strip colors at CRO, and there are consistent rumours of biscuit-based compensation flying around. ;)

I pretty much agree with you Andy. I agree with what Craig was saying earlier about names essentially just adding numbers as well. Personally speaking, if Gersnet was named on a 'support', 'endorsers' or 'attendees' list on one of these RU or USP statements I don't think it would add much (if any) more weight to the statement or the message/s in the statement.

If anything, I think these lists are actually more divisive than unifying, but I also think it might be wise to try and look past the trees and have a proper look at the wood, so to speak. The most important thing in this last statement from the 'USP' is the basic concept of a call to boycott an away game against an SPL club if we're drawn one, but since we drew a home tie in the League Cup, that can now only possibly happen in the Scottish Cup, so the whole boycott thing is on hold for the time being anyway.