The Eagle and the Arrow

An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard

the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly

it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of

it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced,

it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one

of its own plumes. "Alas!" it cried, as it died,

"We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction."

Its perhaps strange that this Aesop's fable should be the preamble to discussion on the United Supporters Platform Statement, calling on Rangers fans to boycott the next League Cup match, should it feature an away trip to an SPL ground.

Of course the statement itself produces a multitude of dilemmas for the average Bear. The thought of our team travelling up to the likes of Tannadice with no vocal backing or support is not a pleasant one at all. In fact its nothing short of horrendous.

But then I remembered there would probably not have been any Rangers, never mind a cup tie had those SPL clubs and their support had their way. Having failed to kill us off they are now actively seeking to airbrush our history with a hearing, the outcome of which was already decided last June, when persons unknown tried and convicted Rangers without charge.

Furthermore despite their hatred, having rejected our application to re-join the SPL ( which appears to have been incorrect procedure in itself, if Lord Nimmo's recent comments are in fact accurate) they then attempted to bully and intimidate the SFL into parachuting us into SFL1.

And all this was done under a so called banner of â??Sporting Integrityâ?.

Yes the thought of Rangers travelling to an away ground without support is horrendous.

But not as horrendous as the thought of my ticket money being used to pay the Harper MacLeod legal bill for the SPL witch hunt into my club.

Not much of a dilemma for me...not 'one thin dime' to any SPL club or the SFA now or forever. If we lose games due to lack of support, well, I'm prepared to take that as part of the price. No Cup Finals, no u-21 games, nothing.

Not that I'm one to hold a grudge.

I can't see boycotting these people leading to our own destruction, though. Might lead to some of theirs, who knows. Do I care? Not any more.

Not much of a dilemma for me...not 'one thin dime' to any SPL club or the SFA now or forever. If we lose games due to lack of support, well, I'm prepared to take that as part of the price. No Cup Finals, no u-21 games, nothing.

Not that I'm one to hold a grudge.

I can't see boycotting these people leading to our own destruction, though. Might lead to some of theirs, who knows. Do I care? Not any more.

Read this on another forum...succint summation.....

As I said last week, the best way of supporting Rangers against an SPL side is NOT to give the SPL side any of your money.