Green case not proven

Disciplinary Proceedings outcome: Charles Green

Thursday, 04 October 2012

Alleged Party in Breach: Charles Green (Rangers)

Date: On or around 12th September 2012

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

(1) Disciplinary Rule 66 (Bringing the game into disrepute by calling into question the integrity of the Commission, chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith and appointed by the Scottish Premier League Limited (â??SPLâ?) to examine alleged breaches of the SPLâ??s Rules regarding the use by Rangers PLC and Rangers FC of Employee Benefit Trusts to pay players, by suggesting in a media interview that the outcome and sanction of said Commission had been pre-determined by the SPL.)

Outcome: Not proven

(2) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of football by calling into question the integrity of the Commission, chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith and appointed by the Scottish Premier League Limited (â??SPLâ?) to examine alleged breaches of the SPLâ??s Rules regarding the use by Rangers PLC and Rangers FC of Employee Benefit Trusts to pay players, by suggesting in a media interview that the outcome and sanction of said Commission had been pre-determined by the SPL.)

Outcome: Not proven

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore, such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=10715

Charles Green Statement Written by Rangers Football Club

edf3c19e4238ac00827849d298e6f1f9_XL.jpg

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has released the following statement today.

“I am pleased the judicial panel accepted today that I had not brought the game into disrepute.

“What I said, I said in good faith and I was speaking up for the interests of Rangers. To be critical of the SPL’s handling of the EBT issue, does not mean that I am showing disrespect for the game and that view appears to have been shared by the judicial panel.

“It is my hope that we can all move on from today and start working constructively for the good of the game.

“The creation of the EBT Commission by the SPL following the events of the summer and the Club’s attempts at constructive discussion has been particularly difficult for those of us who are new to Rangers and are trying to rebuild the Club.

“It appears for all the world to be yet another obstacle being placed in our path as we try to rebuild a great Scottish sporting institution.

“I am the first person to accept that there are people who have been associated with Rangers who have brought the game into disrepute, particularly the previous regime whose delinquent approach to paying taxes triggered a series of events that brought the Club to the brink of destruction.

“The consortium I led came to the table with one objective in mind: to save Rangers Football Club and rebuild what is a great sporting institution.

“There has been an enormous amount of goodwill towards us. Rangers fans have shown beyond all measure what loyalty to your team really means. Staff, who have worked through dreadful turmoil in recent years, continue to go the extra mile. Some players have stayed when they need not have and youngsters have become young men in the team.

“There has also been great goodwill shown by investors who recognise the potential of Rangers and sponsors who see the tremendous opportunities at Ibrox. The international media are queuing up to speak to us and chart the recovery of the Club.

“In football too, there has been real goodwill from the Scottish Football League and its member clubs who have taken a view that it is better to look forward than back and that the game benefits from a vibrant Rangers.

“Perhaps it is now time that those people within the SPL who have been pursuing Rangers at every turn take stock. As a member of the SFA, we want to work constructively within its structure and hope that all parties and organisations can take a view that what is of paramount importance is the good of the game.

“To that end, we will be meeting with SFA President Campbell Ogilvie in the near future.

“We want to be a force for good in football and it is surely to the benefit of all that the way forward is not frustrated by continually trying to look back.”