An Elitist Appeal for Good Manners

I'm clear I don't have a conscience.

Well said Andy.

I've noticed the standards dropping.

I thought we were just getting a few more Tims on, and wasn't overly perturbed.

Point is I don't think i've engaged in any bad manners at all, I realise it's a general point but just making the plea of not guilty for myself.

Forgive my usage of probably incorrect words ... that happens occasionally to non-native speakers of New-West-Saxon. Try it again with "fractionalizes".

When a 'development fractionalizes boarders' , is that something like 'some posters try to divide or cause a split among the other posters'? You see, it's the 'development' word I got stuck at in this context. Again, you must excuse my ignorance. Maybe development is a word I've always struggled with :-) .

Edited by Anchorman

When a 'development fractionalizes boarders' , is that something like 'some posters try to divide or cause a split among the other posters'? You see, it's the 'development' word I got stuck at in this context. Again, you must excuse my ignorance. Maybe development is a word I've always struggled with :-) .

Yep. While you can have differing opinions on topics and debate them, it should all stay on a certain level.

It remained on a decent level with regards to SDM and it is perfectly understandable that after all the horrors his EBT stuff and the sale to Craig Whyte brought a substantial part of the current crisis upon us, people will not even speak his name because of their disgust. Still - and again I'm not defending him and his actions in any manner, as some would/will portray it - his tenure brought next to unprecedented success to the club. Can you measure up one against the other? Most likely not. Likewise, ignoring the past is wrong.

Up came Craig Whyte and while some threw words of warning about, others wanted to wait and see. But what can you do without deeper insight than trying to keep an objective view on things. If you believe all that is written by fellow posters with "insight" (and no disrespect to anyone on here), you'd soon end up in the loony bin. As it happens, those few with "insight" or "interesting sources" were correct with regards to Whyte and it is rather sad that some now come up with the "told you so, but you were ignorant" stance. Somesuch IMHO lacks dignity, but then again, that is just MHO. Anyway, here the development started, i.e. people being put into certain corners of the debate if their opinion differred from others. As if there only was black & white, pro and con people with regards to the failed chairman. More often than not, those "not in the know" asked questions and were still put into this bracket or that.

The development has now reached a point where some posters have a real go at their fellows over McCoist. I can just say again that I for one try to keep an objective view on things - which might be perceived as being pro-McCoist, something which can be verified as not-true very easily, even though I like to question certain opnions about him by the McCoist-"bashers". Amongst those who do not see him fit for the task - and we had that before with other managers and there's no problem about this - we do find a faction now that ridicules e.g. my stance with the "excuses" mantra, which is bordering to naivety. Simple facts are ignored for the sake of whipping up a war of words in a manner that not only borders on trolling, but also leaves you asking the questions about the reasons behind such postings. It could well be that somesuch is the becoming the norm in board-talk, but I was under the impression that Gersnet is above somesuch. And IMHO - and it might land me in some admin's bad books - I suspect that certain posters look on with smug smiles on their faces, stroking their own green-grey shirts all the while ...

Edited by der Berliner

Jeez this thread suddenly took a turn. So if you don't have perfect english godforbid, and step slightly outside the party line your a f#*king Tim. :facepalm:

There's a couple on here need to have a look at themselves, of course that would require them extracting their head from their own arse mind you.

Jeez this thread suddenly took a turn. So if you don't have perfect english godforbid, and step slightly outside the party line your a f#*king Tim. :facepalm:

There's a couple on here need to have a look at themselves, of course that would require them extracting their head from their own arse mind you.

This is actually part of the phenomenon. A very lamentable way of exaggerating things and/or using the black & white hammer. We hardly speak of "proper" English being any sort of requirement on this board, or stepping slightly "out of party line". And while I am at it, which party? Which line? Is there somesuch on this board? And sure not anyone who's letting him-/herself down with his/her comments is by default a Hooped Horror. This sort of exaggeration and taking words out of context is surely not required. At the end of the day, those aimed at by my remark up there can neatly sit back and watch the "normal" people tear into one another. Job accomplished.

This is actually part of the phenomenon. A very lamentable way of exaggerating things and/or using the black & white hammer. We hardly speak of "proper" English being any sort of requirement on this board, or stepping slightly "out of party line". And while I am at it, which party? Which line? Is there somesuch on this board? And sure not anyone who's letting him-/herself down with his/her comments is by default a Hooped Horror. This sort of exaggeration and taking words out of context is surely not required. At the end of the day, those aimed at by my remark up there can neatly sit back and watch the "normal" people tear into one another. Job accomplished.

Your one throwing the green and grey accusations about mate not me, so maybe you should look towards your own conduct, before having a pop at others.

Your one throwing the green and grey accusations about mate not me, so maybe you should look towards your own conduct, before having a pop at others.

If someone behaves in a way that makes me suspect his/him incentives on this board, I'll say so. I made it pretty clear that I respect nigh anyone's opinion on nigh any topic. If the same is not applied by other posters untowards me, I've learned to live with that. After all, I've been on FF for over 10 years and you do get a healthy amount of experience in this. Yet, if people do nothing but slate and slant Rangers people or boarders and do not much else, you openly wonder about these people's incentives. Likewise, I could simply hit the "report" button time and again, but I still think Gersnet is a place where you can talk as well, even if the topic is touchy and can easily end up with misunderstandings.