A difference between last night and Sunday

Having watched Sellik V Manure last night, one thing struck me when comparing it to the Rangers V Hearts match last Sunday.

Nobody could deny that both games were dire adverts for the game.

On Sunday, it looked to me like only one team were interested in playing football and that was Rangers. We got our deserved result and won.

What surprised me was the Press reaction to that game. Rangers were on a real 'low' . We'd been panned following dreadful domestic displays. BUT.........had anyone said only 3 or 4 weeks ago that we'd beat Hearts on their home ground, they would rightfully have been accused of mixing up ambition and ability.

BUT........we DID win and went into 2nd place in the League. Something thought beyond our capabilities if the media were to be believed.

What did we get from the Press ?

Scorn and derision about the abilities of BOTH teams. Several papers carried articles on how poor both were and how they would never survive outside of Scotland. [Forget the 'sectarian singing' stories, that's for another arguement].

Last night, the mhanks got a result. I'm not interested in whether they deserved it [they didny btw]. My point is, will the same Press make ANY comment on just how poor a game that was last night ? Aside from how "Rooney/Saha/Ronaldo/whoever didny turn up" will anybody point out that viewers in Germany, France, Italy , etc must've been switching off in their millions at just how bad that game was in a footballing sense ?

Don't bother answering..............I know what the answer is.

:mad:

yeah septic are a great team though they needed an own goal to defeat motherwell and hearts and got one against ict. as for manire, i couldnt believe that a team who were so far ahead in skill and class could lose to such a bunch of over achievers. I dare say fergie has saha's balls firmly nailed to the dressing room wall at old trafford.

The Dutch sent this game out live and indeed said the football was poor.

Unfortunatly the atmosphere at the midden always seems to impress the Dutch.

The goal was one out of the top drawer no matter where you come from.