The disenfranchisement of fans.

Once it was the peoples game where the fans could make a connection with the players of their team, where the game had some relevance to the life's people led.

The apologists for the big money that has all but ruined the game and made the very fans who were its lifeblood second to tv deals and sponsors, they will tell us it is progress and moving with the times, not for me it isn't.

Arsenal tickets at £126 are the unacceptable face of football yet little has been said of it, where will it stop or where will it all end.

We have our own problems all money related and the root cause of the monetary cancer that has gripped the game and our own club, watching more money men picking over us and quite baldly stating they are here for a profit would be laughable if it wasn't true.

But it is true and the people who will pay for that profit are pretending they won't be paying for it that some Carnegie is going to wave a magic wand and solve all, only he isn't and yes that's right the people who always pay will pay for the rich men's trappings again, yes us the fans.

It is everything and anything other than the peoples game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Funny thing is people keep saying it will crash and burn yet still sponsorship and wages rise and rise and rise...

At least one football ground will be pretty much at capacity tomorrow at 3pm. :cool:

Great opening post Frost.

Frankie is right, we keep waiting for the bubble to burst and yet it just seems to keep getting bigger, except it actually doesn't. All thats happening is we're seeing fewer bubbles, the Scottish 'bubble' is well and truly burst, the Dutch one burst a while ago, even the Italian bubble has a large question mark over it. In Spain the 'big two' still seem invulnerable, but below them it's carnage, clubs like Athletico Madrid, Valencia and Seville are fucked, Swansea come and cherry pick their best players now. The German bubble was never as big as others and is still in place and the top flight English bubble is really the only one that continues to grow. Whatever anyone say's that isn't sustainable, a tipping point will be reached in the future.

I've always been a big fan of cycling, very much a minority sport in the UK it's enjoyed a higher profile here of late with Olympic and now Tour de France success. As a sport it is very professional, big, big money is at stake, teams are heavily financed, riders work as teams and tactics are hugely important. What's been known for a while and in recent months has come to the attention of those with no interest in cycling is the systematic doping in the sport. The truth is everyone knew it was going on and, at best, they turned a blind eye, at worst they facilitated it or at least ensured it wasn't detected. As a sport they ignored what made it such a great sport because too much money was at stake. Today Rabobank, one of the largest sponsors announced it was pulling out of professional cycling. Nike, Budweiser and Trek all pulled out yesterday. They are doing this because the sport is seen as being corrupt.

It is fundamental to any sport's wellbeing that it is seen as being fair. Without genuine competition and at least the appearance of a level playing field fans will turn on it, and then sponsors will desert it, then the house of cards comes tumbling down.

In my opinion professional football is miles away from understanding this.

Great opening post Frost.

Frankie is right, we keep waiting for the bubble to burst and yet it just seems to keep getting bigger, except it actually doesn't. All thats happening is we're seeing fewer bubbles, the Scottish 'bubble' is well and truly burst, the Dutch one burst a while ago, even the Italian bubble has a large question mark over it. In Spain the 'big two' still seem invulnerable, but below them it's carnage, clubs like Athletico Madrid, Valencia and Seville are fucked, Swansea come and cherry pick their best players now. The German bubble was never as big as others and is still in place and the top flight English bubble is really the only one that continues to grow. Whatever anyone say's that isn't sustainable, a tipping point will be reached in the future.

We are very close to the bubble bursting in England it won't be long. The Champions League even feels flat now

When all is said and done it is the fans of any and all clubs who are left to pick up the pieces and salvage what they can once the alleged experts have made a mess of everything, rather like the country when those responsible for our country's present plight are living it high on the hog and being rewarded for failure despite their incompetency.

Green won't be seeing any of my money until I see something more substantial than moonbeams.

The next evolution of Football I think will be regional Super Leagues of some sort. We’re already starting to see the beginning of this with the proposed formation of the Balkan Super League. http://www.sbnation.com/we-kick-balls/2012/10/10/3484688/balkan-super-league-possibly-on-tap-for-2015

When this happens on a larger scale I think it will make national leagues meaningless. It will keep the Champions League slightly interesting although I would think that it would be in much reduced format.