RST to launch Community share scheme

RST to launch Community share scheme

on Friday, 26 October 2012. Posted in Latest

The Rangers Supporters' Trust (RST) is delighted to confirm we will be launching a Community Share scheme called BuyRangers.org, which will enable all members of the Rangers family to invest in our club via the upcoming Initial Public Offering (IPO). Following very positive discussions with the club we can announce our intention to purchase shares in the name of our Industrial & Provident Society - Rangers Supporters Society Ltd. Using the community share scheme model will allow those who wish to purchase shares to enter at a lower level than currently available as well as broadening the ownership base of the club amongst the support.

Discussions with Supporters Direct and Cobbetts, our lawyers engaged to administer the process, are at an advanced stage and very near completion, therefore we expect to launch in early November with more detail. We see this as a great opportunity for the support to invest in the club and take the first steps towards having a meaningful say in the clubâ??s affairs and ensure we never return to the recent dark times.

The opportunity to obtain a meaningful stake in Rangers and effective representation is within our grasp.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/item/rst-to-launch-community-share-scheme.html

If there was enough demand, would this then enable a representative from the RST to sit on the main board? Would the RST nominate a person or would this be done democratically i.e. all shareholders vote?

I like the idea in principal as this would ensure that many more supporters would be able to participate in the IPO, but would like to have some more idea as to the RST involvement.

If there was enough demand, would this then enable a representative from the RST to sit on the main board? Would the RST nominate a person or would this be done democratically i.e. all shareholders vote?

I like the idea in principal as this would ensure that many more supporters would be able to participate in the IPO, but would like to have some more idea as to the RST involvement.

Members will vote for their representative should the demand be enough. RST's involvement is the Trust is the legal vehicle to provide a community share scheme - its the raison d'être.

The rules are on the website Davie its one member one vote. Ive not managed to read them all yet, but I would imagine whoever is voted to the chair of the Supporters Scheme would automatically sit on the Rangers board if a position became available.

Members will vote for their representative should the demand be enough. RST's involvement is the Trust is the legal vehicle to provide a community share scheme - its the raison d'être.

Are the scheme board and the RST board one and the same or different?

Are the scheme board and the RST board one and the same or different?

There's no scheme board. Trust provides the vehicle and board colleagues along with members of the Trust are running it. That said, the funds etc are being administered by our lawyers. Makes life a whole lot easier. All will be revealed within 7-14 days!

Members will vote for their representative should the demand be enough.

Eh? What does this mean? Members have to demand to get a vote?

Or do you mean if there are enough nominations? Who gets to make nominations? Just the board or will members be able to propose as well?

Will all members get a vote or will it just be those that turn up at the AGM who will be told who the nominations are and be allowed to vote on them like it was this year? :whistle:

RST's involvement is the Trust is the legal vehicle to provide a community share scheme - its the raison d'être.

Good to see it getting back to basics. :thup: