Durie not well?

Gordon Durie has resigned as manager of East Fife due to health problems.

The former Fifers player, who rejoined the club as assistant manager two years ago, took on the manager's role after John Robertson's departure in March.

However, illness meant he had to take a break from his duties and Gordon Chisholm has been in charge of the first team in recent weeks.

"I would like to thank all the fans for their messages of support," the 46-year-old told the club website.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to wish East Fife every success for the future.

"Due to on-going health problems and the uncertainty that has arisen during my absence and with the best interests of the club in mind I have decided to resign as manager of East Fife FC in order to allow the club to move forward.

"It has been a privilege to have had the opportunity to manage the club where I started my career."

After a three-year spell at East Fife in the early 1980s, Durie went on to play for Hibernian, Chelsea, Tottenham, Rangers and Hearts.

The forward also won 43 Scotland captains and played in World Cup and European Championship finals.

"The club would like to thank Gordon for all his work both as manager and as assistant manager," said East Fife in a statement.

"It has been deeply unfortunate that illness has prevented him from carrying out his duties in the way that he and we would have wished.

"We hope his health recovers soon and look forward to his visiting Bayview in the future where he will always be welcome."

Thats a shame, didnt realise he wasnt well. Hope he gets better ASAP.....one of my favourite Rangers strikers of all time.

Under rated. Never hid. Scored plenty.

When it was hinted that Rangers were going to sign GD from 'Spurs, the late Bob Crampsey opined that there was no need as there were already two better strikers at Ibrox - John Spencer and Gary McSweggan! Ah well, even the best of us get it wrong sometimes.

Loved Jukebox when he was at Rangers.

Looking back, it's too bad (for me anyway) that I never realised the calibre of player we had at Rangers.

Gordon was a proven premiership striker and a hero to many Spuds and Chelsea fans.

He collapsed the other week didn't he? I hope it's nothing sinister and he can concentrate on getting well now

Yes he collapsed in the dressing room at Easter Road.

When playing for Rangers he received a severe head knock during a game, he played on then collapsed minutes later and had to be stretchered from the pitch, it was that incident which resulted in FIFA introducing the regulations pertaining to not playing within a certain period after suffering a serious head injury.

When playing for Rangers he received a severe head knock during a game, he played on then collapsed minutes later and had to be stretchered from the pitch, it was that incident which resulted in FIFA introducing the regulations pertaining to not playing within a certain period after suffering a serious head injury.

Killie away in a winter midweek game I seem to remember

I never knew it was because of that incident.