BEEB 1 Remembrance Concert

No and I probably never will, but I doubt I will ever stop listening to his music. If all tims stop listening to Amy McD. because she is a bluenose then the world is a worse place than I thought. I realise their are people who think that way but surely(hopefully) a minority.

Rod Stewart canny sing, that's why I don't like him and the fact he's a plastic tim makes me cringe even more

I'm sorry I polluted this thread with RS, the soldiers and their families deserve better than 2 football teams arguing over who is the better on this day (although we are). So for any service personal reading I thank you and wish the best of health for you and yours.

And for those who won't come home my thanks can't be written in words, but you won't be forgotten ever.

WATP.

Edited by GovanAllan

Rod Stewart canny sing, that's why I don't like him and the fact he's a plastic tim makes me cringe even more

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Many enjoy his music. Thankfully I am not bigoted enough to let the fact that anyone who is Celtic supporter will stop me from enjoying their music

I'm sorry I polluted this thread with RS, the soldiers and their families deserve better than 2 football teams arguing over who is the better on this day (although we are). So for any service personal reading I thank you and wish the best of health for you and yours.

Last post for me!

I know we are going slightly off track here but wanted to add my tuppence worth about two things. Firstly, can we drop all this "republican" stuff on here. For one I don't know what that term is meant to mean in the context of these conversations. Does it mean that someone is not really a unionist/monarchist or someone is fan of some terrorist group? Please help me because they are two polar opposites and ultimately means that many non Royalist/Unionist Gers fans are getting tarred with this tired moniker.

Secondly, Rod Stewart... so the guy supports Celtic? So feekin what? Are we that sad that we take an instant dislike to any musician that supports Celtic? Rod Stewart means a lot me. Not because I'm his number one fan but because my old man loved him back in the day (The Faces era) and I grew up listening to him when I was a nipper. Laterly my mum get in on his commercial stuff so his music was always with me and brings back very fond memories. The guy seems like a decent enough guy with a story to tell and regardless of what people think of him, he was there last night paying his respects and doing his bit so let's give credit where credits due for goodness sakes.

I know we are going slightly off track here but wanted to add my tuppence worth about two things. Firstly' date=' can we drop all this "republican" stuff on here. For one I don't know what that term is meant to mean in the context of these conversations. Does it mean that someone is not really a unionist/monarchist or someone is fan of some terrorist group? Please help me because they are two polar opposites and ultimately means that many non Royalist/Unionist Gers fans are getting tarred with this tired moniker.

Secondly, Rod Stewart... so the guy supports Celtic? So feekin what? Are we that sad that we take an instant dislike to any musician that supports Celtic? Rod Stewart means a lot me. Not because I'm his number one fan but because my old man loved him back in the day (The Faces era) and I grew up listening to him when I was a nipper. Laterly my mum get in on his commercial stuff so his music was always with me and brings back very fond memories. The guy seems like a decent enough guy with a story to tell and regardless of what people think of him, he was there last night paying his respects and doing his bit so let's give credit where credits due for goodness sakes.[/quote']

Agree with all.