It's only November and we are at breaking point already, wait till suspensions start kicking in. I think we will see a lot more of the youngsters on the fringes very soon.

Can only be a positive for our future.

I realise it may make it difficult if we draw SPL teams in the Scottish Cup again but it's really not a priority right now. We should be able to play youngsters and still get out of this league fine.

So you would rather have a young 17 year old kid playing before he's ready because thats all we have left, than an experienced CB, strange one.

You meaning Hegarty? He can't do any worse than our experienced centre back. Hegarty has looked very good in the matches he's played. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

You meaning Hegarty? He can't do any worse than our experienced centre back. Hegarty has looked very good in the matches he's played. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

I think Hegarty has looked better than Perry since he's came into the team. Hopefully he can develop with an experienced older head beside him. When hegarty and Cribari played against Inverness it was like they had never trained together never mind played together.

How can injuries to our experienced players be a positive for our future? I don't get it. Putting that much pressure on a team of youngsters is never going to do their development much good IMO. And there are plenty of examples where young teams have burnt out - Ferguson admits that for his Aberdeen team. I've nothing against playing youngsters but surely they do better when played beside more experienced players?

I think some people think that young players don't kick a ball. They usually play in an U21 league but if everyone played their U21 team then we'd be as well just watching the U21 league. And so what happens to players when they become 22 - do they retire and replaced by someone younger - where does it end? If young players are to be developed for playing when they are older, there must be a place for them in the team.

It seems some people are against any older players playing football at all.

I realise it may make it difficult if we draw SPL teams in the Scottish Cup again but it's really not a priority right now. We should be able to play youngsters and still get out of this league fine.

How does that work? What makes our naive, inexperienced youngsters so much better than older, wiser, more experienced players just because they play in Division 3? Is it the coaching they get?

How can injuries to our experienced players be a positive for our future? I don't get it. Putting that much pressure on a team of youngsters is never going to do their development much good IMO. And there are plenty of examples where young teams have burnt out - Ferguson admits that for his Aberdeen team. I've nothing against playing youngsters but surely they do better when played beside more experienced players?

I think some people think that young players don't kick a ball. They usually play in an U21 league but if everyone played their U21 team then we'd be as well just watching the U21 league. And so what happens to players when they become 22 - do they retire and replaced by someone younger - where does it end? If young players are to be developed for playing when they are older, there must be a place for them in the team.

It seems some people are against any older players playing football at all.

I never said the injuries were positive so please don't put words in my mouth. I said it's a positive for the future to see more youngsters come in, which is how I see it even if it's unfortunate that players are out. People can thrive under pressure, if you want to be a Rangers player you need to accept pressure is part of the role. Even with the injuries there's still enough of a core of experience for them to play alongside, the injured players will come back and burn out is unlikely because apart from Macleod it's been very in and out for them all.

They play these games but nothing can compare to turning out for the first team, that's how they really fulfill their potential or not. And of course there is a place for when they're older, the appeal is that by developing your own players you're not having to spunk millions in transfer fees and/or wages and being self sufficient. Then they can be Rangers players for the next 15-17 years or so having hardly cost a penny until their contracts become more senior, or if they attract too much attention elsewhere you'll be able to get good transfer fees along with other clauses related to training, developement etc.

I don't think anybody is suggesting we don't play older players or don't buy them, but I and I think many others feel we've relied too much on throwing money at older experienced players while pretty much ignoring the youth system. A fairly happy medium and balance can be found. And, as is the case here, instead of filling up the squad to 30+ players, don't fear bringing younger players in when there are injury problems. These guys want to be given the chance.

How does that work? What makes our naive, inexperienced youngsters so much better than older, wiser, more experienced players just because they play in Division 3? Is it the coaching they get?

Like i've said before our system is aimed at developing SPL players, they will often go out on loan to the SFL for first team experience. So yes it's the coaching they get, they're training at one of the top facilities in europe while the Division 3 players fit in training around their joiner shift or their carving in the butchers.

That put together I don't think having youngsters in the team will be detrimental to our league aims, no doubt you'll disagree though since nothing can be expected of them...

And if anything happens to Hegarty? What then we need to keep every player fit and available.

You keep losing the experienced players, the youngsters have to carry the pressure of trying to win every game, for a young lad of 17/19 that's a big ask. What happens when his form drops and the manager should really give him a rest to protect the young lad but he can't because the squad is thread bare and he has no option but to keep playing them.

Irrespective of what league we are in, we need a full squad to give the young lads time to develop and a large part of that development is knowing when to give them a rest.

You keep losing the experienced players, the youngsters have to carry the pressure of trying to win every game, for a young lad of 17/19 that's a big ask. What happens when his form drops and the manager should really give him a rest to protect the young lad but he can't because the squad is thread bare and he has no option but to keep playing them.

Irrespective of what league we are in, we need a full squad to give the young lads time to develop and a large part of that development is knowing when to give them a rest.

Not as if all the injured players are out for the season though.

Not as if all the injured players are out for the season though.

No it's not but we already have about 6 first picks out for more than a month, that takes us into Jan.

One thing our favour is we will a fair few call off's this season because of the weather so time to get players fit.