We Wonâ??t Go Back to SPL

Scottish Cup win is a bit risky to rely on, and the CL is where the big money is.

We'll see what happens.

For al intents and purposes CL is a pipedream, we'll have a co-efficient of practically zero and it would take a couple of more years in the EL to build it up.

Assuming we'll be sufficiently competent to qualify for the CL through whatever league is equally as risky as assuming qualification through a Cup winners/runners up spot.

For al intents and purposes CL is a pipedream, we'll have a co-efficient of practically zero and it would take a couple of more years in the EL to build it up.

Assuming we'll be sufficiently competent to qualify for the CL through whatever league is equally as risky as assuming qualification through a Cup winners/runners up spot.

Well not necessarily, you'll be able to attract a better quality of player if you're selling a SPL title challenge than a 1st division one.

I agree with you FS. I do not want us getting into bed with the SPL and hope that the brand is no more.

In the past I would have seen the best interests of Rangers served by being in the top league but too much has happened to make me want to sell out to the devil to achieve that.

Having said that, I will reserve judgement as always on CG's remarks until I have more info.

Well not necessarily, you'll be able to attract a better quality of player if you're selling a SPL title challenge than a 1st division one.

We couldn't qualify through the CL against Malmo or the EL against Maribor with a far superior squad to what we'll have when we return to the topflight (in whatever format), we'll have no co-efficient points of our own and would probably have to play in the very first qualifying rounds the better part of a month before we play league football against teams half way through their season.

We couldn't qualify through the CL against Malmo or the EL against Maribor with a far superior squad to what we'll have when we return to the topflight (in whatever format), we'll have no co-efficient points of our own and would probably have to play in the very first qualifying rounds the better part of a month before we play league football against teams half way through their season.

None of it is ideal but we need to start somewhere.

I just want us to use the time we have out of the top flight to rebuild our club/team,if we were catapulted back to the top league we would not be ready to compete,of course we could buy players that would makes us more competetive,however a couple of years building would give us a more solid base,IMO.