Charles Green exclusive

CHARLES GREEN has called for all-in discussions and even outside help as the future structure of Scottish football comes under the microscope once again.

The SFL have proposed a 16-10-16 set-up while the SPL want to encourage SFL clubs to join them in two divisions of 12 with a split into three divisions halfway through.

The SPL clubs are due to meet tomorrow and Green has made it clear again that Rangers are not interesting in going back under its current guise.

He said: “I think the whole aspect of reconstruction needs a long and hard look and maybe one of the things that people ought to consider is bringing someone from outside in to look at it.

“When I see what’s happening up here there still seem to be lots of agendas.

“I hear comments that people don’t what Rangers here, well I can make it easy people – we don’t want to be back with the SPL people while this continued persecution of the club for title stripping is going on.

“All of the things that has put the game into the terrible state it’s in need to be put behind us and we can move forward.

“When you look at some of the attendances it’s definitely not working.

“And this is not about Rangers should be in SPL 1 or not – the SPL is a busted flush. People are sick of seeing clubs playing each other four times a season and the season finished by December because only two clubs can win it.

“It needs a long hard look and maybe Doncaster and Longmuir need to knock their heads together and get some real sense on the table and come up with a model that is best for Scottish football.

“It’s not about what’s best for Peter Lawwell and Celtic or what’s best for Rangers or Charles Green it’s about what’s best for the game as a whole.

“Someone needs to get a hold of this and deal with it now because it could all end in terms.

“I’m not sure SFL clubs will rush to join the SPL. There is a big sense of injustice about how they were being told what to over where Rangers should go and we all saw the outcome of that.

“They were told to put Rangers in the First Division and quite rightly the SFL clubs didn’t listen and pus in the Third Division and we are happy to be there.

“So I think people have read it wrongly once and they need to learn from their mistakes and get it right next time.

“I’ve seen the SFL proposal and the SPL version of what should happen. There are merits in both but what it needs for all the cubs to sit down.

“Some SPL clubs are terrified of giving up something but the reality is that I had to give up something and that was TV rights.

“I met with Neil Doncaster last week and told him very clearly that once this agreement is finished we will not give them up again and I have already written to David Longmuir to reinforce that.

“So if people want to reconstruct the leagues then do it but don’t do it on the basis that we are going to play ball because we are not.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2841-green-spl-is-busted-flush

“Some SPL clubs are terrified of giving up something but the reality is that I had to give up something and that was TV rights.

“I met with Neil Doncaster last week and told him very clearly that once this agreement is finished we will not give them up again and I have already written to David Longmuir to reinforce that.

Here's our big bargaining chip.

We are the only show in town. If we stick to this it doesn't even matter if a few SFL teams join the SPL proposal.

if green is talking about moving away from a collective barganing agreement then im against that. its about the only thing scottish football gets right.

if you move away from it then you really move rangers and celtc away from the other teams and you get a joke like spanish football where barca won the league after about 5 games.