[POLL] Dundee Utd Boycott

They cant do that* though as it isnt in thew rulebook. Lawsuit.....

* - When I say they "cant do that" I know fine well they CAN, and would, but we would beat them on that one quite comfortably.

I'm against a boycott but I don't see how the SFA could withhold money on the basis suggested if there was a boycott: the share of gate money is on the basis of who is playing in the match, not how many or if any tickets are sold by either side.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Correct. I was trying to remember what the official entitlement was supposed to be for away clubs. Thought there was an agreed percentage?

Only been to a handful of away grounds and Tannadice isn't one.

The away club is entitled to 20% of the tickets for a Scottish Cup tie.

Half the money would go to Rangers, it's self defeating to boycott this match.

I think that is a very short sighted perspective.

First, any boycott is necessarily targeted at a few specific clubs. It is not a scatter-gun approach.

Second, it sends a message that the Rangers support are united in the face of our enemies and that we are willing to take action. They will know what they can expect and not all games will be gate sharing like a Scottish cup one.

Third, it deprives Dundee United and the City of Dundee of revenue in the form of catering, drink, parking charges and other purchases which might be made by Rangers supporters.

Fourth, it sends a message to TV executives, to sponsors and to corporate hospitality that they cannot count on the Rangers traveling support to make their investment worthwhile.

Taken altogether, a boycott serves notice that Scotland's largest support will no longer be taken for granted, is no longer willing to be Scotland's whipping boy and that there is and will be a financial consequence for the attacks on us and on our club.

If we do not do this and we do not make it successful then we are sending a message to the SFA, to other clubs, to politicians and to the media that there is no consequence to their actions no matter how outrageous. I think that is a very bad direction to go in.

Our club is going into one of the biggest games of the season and our fans don't want to go?

Boycott? Behave yerselves.

Whatever happened to 'no-one likes us we don't care'

But we do care now. The days of dignified silence and turning the other cheek have gone.

I think that is a very short sighted perspective.

First, any boycott is necessarily targeted at a few specific clubs. It is not a scatter-gun approach.

Second, it sends a message that the Rangers support are united in the face of our enemies and that we are willing to take action. They will know what they can expect and not all games will be gate sharing like a Scottish cup one.

Third, it deprives Dundee United and the City of Dundee of revenue in the form of catering, drink, parking charges and other purchases which might be made by Rangers supporters.

Fourth, it sends a message to TV executives, to sponsors and to corporate hospitality that they cannot count on the Rangers traveling support to make their investment worthwhile.

Taken altogether, a boycott serves notice that Scotland's largest support will no longer be taken for granted, is no longer willing to be Scotland's whipping boy and that there is and will be a financial consequence for the attacks on us and on our club.

If we do not do this and we do not make it successful then we are sending a message to the SFA, to other clubs, to politicians and to the media that there is no consequence to their actions no matter how outrageous. I think that is a very bad direction to go in.

You've made some very interesting points there, so why not take along a 'carry oot' or a flask of tea and sandwiches? :smile:

Amazed some cant see the bigger picture.

Agree. Dont get me wrong Id love to be watching the Rangers against the likes of DUFC and singing follow follow but a statement has to be made and we couldnt have been drawn a better team to do it IMO.

This day was always going to come around and if we give in first time we'll be playing right back into the hands of the SPL.

Id open Ibrox up and have the match on the big screens with admission about 2 quid.