RSA Statement....

Reconstruction will only come when the current SPL clubs are staring at financial armageddon. Until then, they will continue to paper over the cracks while giving nothing up and trying to screw the rest of Scottish football.

I think this view is outdated.

I believe that there is a recognition now amongst the SPL clubs that the money needs to be shared more evenly amongst the leagues and more equally within the leagues.

The FansFirst Plan pushed both concepts very hard.

Remember boycotting the match will have as much of an effect on us as it does to DUFC!!!!

Look at the flip side....fill the allocation, and show them what their missing out on. Ceptic fans got criticised for boycotting their own team....now folk are wanting us to do the same. I say, show every who really are "The greatest fans in the world!.

I believe that there is a recognition now amongst the SPL clubs that the money needs to be shared more evenly amongst the leagues and more equally within the leagues.

Sharing the money more equally is cutely utopian, but a completely flawed concept which should not be endorsed by the fans. One of the fundamental aspects of the current prize money system is that it provides worthwhile competition throughout the league right until the end of the season because the difference between just one finishing place is an extremely large amount of money. Take away that financial incentive and you completely ruin the competitiveness of the competition.

As I know from experience, there is a huge difference between understanding that a problem exists and actually being willing to take a significant financial hit - especially when the business is only marginally profitable if at all - in order to fix it. The corporate world is full of the corpses of companies that could not - or were unwilling to - move on.

I do not believe that people like Milne, Thomson, Pirie, Desmond or Masterton are willing to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds on reconstruction or 'fairness' unless the alternative is a lot worse and staring them in the face. The more so as, in most cases, it is their personal money that is at stake.

I am willing to make a friendly bet with you that we will not see fundamental change in the structure of Scottish football until the current SPL is facing a major financial crisis.

Edited by bossy

As I know from experience, there is a huge difference between understanding that a problem exists and actually being willing to take a significant financial hit - especially when the business is only marginally profitable if at all - in order to fix it. The corporate world is full of the corpses of companies that could not - or were unwilling to - move on.

I do not believe that people like Milne, Thomson, Pirie, Desmond or Masterton are willing to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds on reconstruction or 'fairness' unless the alternative is a lot worse and staring them in the face. The more so as, in most cases, it is their personal money that is at stake.

I am willing to make a friendly bet with you that we will not see fundamental change in the structure of Scottish football until the current SPL is facing a major financial crisis.

I'll take the bet. "We understand that there needs to be a lot of redistribution from the biggest clubs and that is something the clubs in principle bought into today." Neil Doncaster today.

I'll take the bet. "We understand that there needs to be a lot of redistribution from the biggest clubs and that is something the clubs in principle bought into today." Neil Doncaster today.

There is a big difference between 'principle' and cold hard cash hitting the bottom line.

Stewart Milne just wrote off £3.7m and Aberdeen Asset Management another £2.25m. How much appetite do you think they will have for further losses in the interest of 'fairness'?

There is a big difference between 'principle' and cold hard cash hitting the bottom line.

Stewart Milne just wrote off £3.7m and Aberdeen Asset Management another £2.25m. How much appetite do you think they will have for further losses in the interest of 'fairness'?

There is a lot I could say about Aberdeen Asset Management but it doesn't belong here.