HMRC-set to appeal

Should an appeal be granted and should it be "successful", what will HMRC gain financially against an already insolvent owner ?

I think it is a credibility issue. Losing the FTT case was a big blow for HMRC specially after putting Rangers into liquidation, all the publicity and the rush to judgement by the Scottish media. They now have to contend with a PF/Crown Office investigation as requested by Murray and his high-powered lawyers, an e-petition which has garnered 32k signatures in just two weeks and questions from a couple of MPs who want to ensure that they don't lose the 'blue' vote at the next election.

M guess is that the 'high heid yins' at the HMRC are desperate to have a result so that they can say they were right all along. It also defuses the current situation as everyone will now be waiting for the result of the appeal. And that will take around three years.

when HMRC chose us as their testcase was always rumoured they'd chosen wrong one. FTTT outcome seemed to vindicate that. Interesting what happens now. They need grounds for an appeal before they'd get permission to appeal. They could just as easily be refused permission.

I think it is a credibility issue. Losing the FTT case was a big blow for HMRC specially after putting Rangers into liquidation, all the publicity and the rush to judgement by the Scottish media. They now have to contend with a PF/Crown Office investigation as requested by Murray and his high-powered lawyers, an e-petition which has garnered 32k signatures in just two weeks and questions from a couple of MPs who want to ensure that they don't lose the 'blue' vote at the next election.

M guess is that the 'high heid yins' at the HMRC are desperate to have a result so that they can say they were right all along. It also defuses the current situation as everyone will now be waiting for the result of the appeal. And that will take around three years.

Getting a result will not excuse their conduct.

If enough pressure is applied in the right places I could see them getting the result they want, regardless if whether or not that is the right thing by law. :(

Look at previous appeals against us with singing in Europe. Don't get the result we desire, appeal until we do. :(

Guest DietofWorms
If enough pressure is applied in the right places I could see them getting the result they want, regardless if whether or not that is the right thing by law. :(

Look at previous appeals against us with singing in Europe. Don't get the result we desire, appeal until we do. :(

Murray could easily have appealed that ban on the Billy Boys. He wasn't interested and in fact suited his appeasement agenda. This is different I think ,and I can see us fighting this all the way ,if need be.

On a sidenote ... with regard to the new BBC lie ... Ofcom will not investigate the McCoist/MadMen montage made by the BBC. Yet, a substantial number of people complained and this should go on. Ofcom actively look to weaken the BBC's hold on their own stuff/staff and never before does the BBC provide Ofcom with so much ammunition than now. People just have to complain!